All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. cb750kman

Greetings from the Texas Panhandle

Greetings from a fellow transplanted Texian
  4. Last week
  5. That’s awesome! Janet was nowhere near qualified for that job and she should have been run out of town long before she left. Anyway, you are right about Texas being authoritarian, though every state has some amount of that. Just look to your North and West. When a cop can assassinate someone who is an avid proponent of the Constitution and plant a throwaway pistol on him to justify their crime; none of us are safe. I would live in AZ, but somewhere like Show Low or Snowflake. I have friends that live there and it is nice, most of the time.
  6. Earlier
  7. Welcome Back From S.E. Wisconsin. John
  8. Irishpiper

*** Irish Pipe Band Forming In Houston ***

For those who are interested in our band, you can find us on Facebook at: DRUMS AND PIPES OF THE HOUSTON IRISH https://www.facebook.com/texaswildgeese/
  9. macmanjim

Well, an hour or two north of phoenix and it's not so hot at all, Janet Napolitano doesn't live here anymore, and we do have constitutional carry. Texas is more authoritarian than AZ and less constitutional. That said, there is no perfect place and I doubt there ever will be. My perfect place would be weather like Santa Cruz, pro second amendment, fiscally responsible, but not socially conservative at all. Unless you're hurting someone else, stealing or killing without justification, for the most part, leave people to the themselves. Unfortunately, conservatives want to control certain aspects of people's lives, progressives other aspects. The heat does suck though. Come winter though and you forget about it. Almost. I'd like to get a place up on the rim or up Lake Mary Rd. It's 25-30 degrees cooler up there.
  10. Matt Robertson

Lds And Kilted

I drove for nearly 16 years. I had a heart attack in March and while the cardiologist cleared me to drive (I’m 39 and the heart cath showed no blockage or damage), I stay tired all the time now and can’t safely drive the 10-11 hours that companies expect. That said, I am so much more comfortable in a kilt as opposed to a pair of p@nt$ or shorts.
  11. Lewdawg

Lds And Kilted

I drive truck and am kilted most days..
  12. Matt Robertson

Lds And Kilted

I’m in the Panhandle, about 45 miles from Amarillo. There are two of us that occasionally go to church kilted. That said, I am kilted almost every time I leave the house. I have also let my beard start to grow back, which could present a problem later. I am something of a non-conformist, so I am proud to look different than the rest.
  13. jozef

Summertime Kilted - Study Needed?

Thedarkattitude.com is a online shop provides alternative fashion clothing for women and men,We provides All Kind Of Gothic clothing,Lolita clothing,Victorian clothing,punk clothing,corsets and accessories on very reasonable prices,The Dark Attitude is the best source for women's and men's alternative fashion clothing https://www.thedarkattitude.com
  14. jozef

The Dark Attitude

Thedarkattitude.com is a online shop provides alternative fashion clothing for women and men,We provides All Kind Of Gothic clothing,Lolita clothing,Victorian clothing,punk clothing,corsets and accessories on very reasonable prices,The Dark Attitude is the best source for women's and men's alternative fashion clothing.. https://www.thedarkattitude.com
  15. The Tactical Kilt is a rigid form of Utility kilt. However, pure cotton material is used in making these kilts which gives them a manly look. These are super tough kilts which can be worn in highlands game season without the fear of getting it torn. Tactical Kilts are more superior to other types of kilts because they are stain proof this makes men worry less about their kilts and this also keeps kilt fresh and new. Tactical kilts have more storage space than Utility Kilt. This Kilt is perfect for rough and tough jobs. Hard jobs like drilling, carpenter etc can easily be done while wearing Tactical kilt. These are made up of super tough cotton blend fabric that is also breathable and it would be perfect for people who sweat. This is built in D rings to attach keys or torch. It has wide and sturdy belt loops to support a fully loaded 1.75 inches tactical belt. Tactical Kilts are made by triple stitching for outclass durability.

16. utilitykilt

Utility Kilt for Men

Kilt is a garment resembling a knee length skirt of pleated tartan cloth, traditionally worn by men as part of Scottish highland dress. Kilt exhibits a uniqueness of design; like utility kilt, leather kilt, tactical kilt etc construction and convection with differentiate it from other garment fitting. It is tailored garment which is wrapped around the wearer body at the natural waist. The kilt covers the body from the waist down to the center of the knees. The kilt was first weared in the 16 century in the gaelic region. In the early days for many years these were made only in tartan and with few colors but gradually the trend has changed and now these are being made in leather, camo, and cotton with variety of colors. Kilts are the comfortable and best choice to wear these can be weared for work purposes, hiking, in parties, weddings etc. Pakistan is one of the countries by which huge amount of kilts are supplied throughout the world. Even the richest of the countries like USA, UK, Australia, Germany, Canada etc order kilts from Pakistan. Then these countries further put their own company logo and sell these kilts. Even the best quality in low prices and also be bought from Pakistan.
  17. AZ is entirely too hot. I've been to Phoenix in July/August and it is an oven. Otherwise, AZ is the ideal place for the most part. I believe that it still has a lot of things that make it appear like the frog in the kettle, like traffic cameras, an overabundance of lawmen, and Janet Napolitano. There is no constitution observing state in this country, even if some have chosen to allow unlicensed carry. King George III would be proud to see that there is little difference between 1775 and 2019, except for the modern niceties and that Americans have finally accepted tyranny as the norm.
  18. macmanjim

There's always AZ. There are Scottish societies here and Scottish games as well, the biggest in Phoenix. Mountains too and if you want to carry open or concealed, no license needed.
  19. Hello all! I'm not exactly new to the BOTK, but since I forgot the username and no longer have access to any email address that I had more than 6 months ago, I was in need of a new account. My name is Matt and I live about 45 miles Northeast of Amarillo, TX. We moved here in February, from central NC. There are 2 men that I know of in Hutchinson County Texas that wear a kilt. I am one and the other is a soldier in the US Army and will soon be deployed to the border and will likely not return for some time, as there are no bases near here. I went about kilted in NC quite frequently. I might have turned a few heads, but never felt uncomfortable or ridiculed; not that I care what anyone else really thinks. I have 2 tartan kilts, one Clan Wallace and one Clan Robertson. I also have one solid black acrylic kilt. I wear it more than the others. I went to Walmart with the wife today, wearing my black kilt, a black polo, kilt belt with bayonet slung on the right hip and a nylon hip bag on the left(a fanny pack that I have had for over half of my life and with 3 pockets will hold my wallet, pen and journal, a flashlight, and cellphone), in place of my semi-dress sporran. I truly miss my black ghillie shirt, which was mistakenly left in NC when we moved. Back to Walmart; there were no odd looks that I saw, which is surprising for the area. Texas is an awesome place, if not a little warm. I may someday move again, but the next place that we live will be in or near mountains, closer to the Scottish cultural gatherings that tend to be found there (i.e. Colorado Springs, Denver, Northern Utah). I'll leave it at that for this post. Y'all have a great day now!
  20. DanzenJenn McFall

McFall clan connections?

http://clanchattan.org.uk/clan-macphail/ This was also something that I had come across a while back when I was researching the McFall place in Scottish history.
  21. DanzenJenn McFall

McFall clan connections?

So - Joseph Broom is the wrong person or the right person?
  22. macmanjim

SPAM

Ok. I'll stop. It seems fitting I guess. Kevin has done the same thing for the forum.
  1. Load more activity