All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. John Chris is a scammer

I think we got it the first time.
  3. Yesterday
  4. John Chris is a scammer

Sold some items on December 8th and sent false tracking number, and then blocked me and buyer on Facebook after we kept asking for tracking number. He claims to live in Ireland but is actually in Bulgaria
  5. John Chris is a scammer

Sold some items on December 8th and sent false tracking number, and then blocked me and buyer on Facebook after we kept asking for tracking number. He claims to live in Ireland but is actually in Bulgaria
  6. John Chris is a scammer

7. John Chris is a scammer

8. New Kilt Makre

Scam. He's over people. Send your money and nothing happens. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1298205340192729/?multi_permalinks=1825384660808125&notif_id=1516391213425017&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif
  9. Interested in a run of BOTK tartan in 16oz wool?

For those of us on the left side of the pond, that's $50 US/yd + cost of making the kilt.
  10. Last week
  11. New to the Brotherhood, experienced Kilt-man

A warm welcome to you on behalf of all the Kilters out there.
  12. I've been talking to Kevin about the possibility of doing a run of the BOTK tartan in 16 oz wool- would anyone be interested. I would be prepared to keep a little stock, but would also need to have a few orders to start with.The price will change dramatically with increased yardage, but even with a small order the price will be comparable to a standard Lochcarron stock cloth, and it could get to £36 with a 40 yard order or even cheaper with more.The cloth would be double width, so for an 8 yard kilt only 4 yards would be needed. This is just a first post to try and get an idea of the interest, I've also posted on facebook, so apologies for any duplication.1 I've done many runs of different tartans , and am happy to supply cloth only , or other items such as kilts, ties etc if asked, but I'd be happy to get hold of the cloth first!
  13. Howdy Y'all

Welcome, from Oklahoma.
  14. New Kilt Makre

15. Howdy to all the Kilters. I have just created an account and looking forward to help this community. I hope you guys will accept me as your member.

16. Howdy Y'all

Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin. john
  17. Howdy Y'all

Hello from Georgia. I've used the BoK discount and that his more than covered the membership dues.
  18. Howdy Y'all

I paid because I wanted to support the forum for a variety of reasons. Anyway, welcome from AZ.
  19. Sgain Dubhs: Quality is Key!

I was lucky enough to be given a sgian dubh that my girlfriend's grandfather carved. I will never need another, Bill was an award winning carver and it is an honour to have it as well as some of his other stuff.
  20. Howdy Y'all

Just wanted to say howdy. New to the site and created an account. Will pursue a bit to see if it is beneficial for a "paid" membership. Just started wearing my kilts on a weekend/holiday basis. I work in an environment where daily kilt wear is not too feasible. Looking forward to hearing from y'all.
  21. New Kilt Makre

If you are looking forward for a Kilt company then I would strongly recommend you guys to try Kilt and Jacks. They guys are new but amazing in terms of quality and service.
  22. New to the Brotherhood, experienced Kilt-man

Welcome, from south-central Pennsylvania!
  23. BURNS NIGHT COMING UP 1/25

Our Burns dinner isn't until Feb 3. There are earlier ones, but travel is required. It's a big state.
  24. The Learning Curve Of Kiltmaking

Barb has her own sub forum in X Marks the Scot and they are having a Kilt Making Bootcamp. That would probably be money well spent if you really want to learn how to make a kilt. http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/f116/
  25. The Learning Curve Of Kiltmaking

Buy the book The Art of Kilt Making directly from Barbara Tewksbury. I believe it's celticdragonpress.com, much cheaper
  26. BURNS NIGHT COMING UP 1/25

Thursday January 25 is Burns night ! Check around your area for any posted events. Back country rural areas maybe not so much - big metro cities bound to be something going on. A good occasion to go kilted to your local establishment for a bite to eat and a pint or more of your favorite brew.
  27. The Learning Curve Of Kiltmaking

Mentioned in this post from 2011 the Book "The Art of Kilt Making" author Barb Tewksbury. If you can find beg barrow steal a copy it answers just about every question you might come up with in making your own kilt. Ebay LINK: https://www.ebay.com/p/Art-of-Kilt-Making-by-Barbara-Tewksbury-and-Elsie-Stuehmeyer-2001-Spiral/2634415?iid=272727290128&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D47300%26meid%3D63f19fd442fb4b2183143954c414a86e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D142623584254&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851 Expensive - heck YES - I got mine years ago new for around $15 - haven't made a kilt but have altered a great many to fit my continuous variable changing landscape. That's why I like the SportKilt line with the Velcro waist fastening closing. Either skip the buckles and straps or sew them on as cosmetic non-functional accessories. You can skip the pockets saving lots of material and time. A casual kilt or utili-kilt does not need a sporran. I use an over the shoulder purse (man-bag) for the essentials. For those just getting started in the kilt world don't throw the kilt making book away but you can throw the rule book away pretty much anything goes. You can wear a plaid pleated skirt - stick a feather in your cap and call it a man's kilt - so don't overlook the option of a skirt pattern or converting one just remember that the pleats go in the back and double aprons in the front.
  28. The Learning Curve Of Kiltmaking

If you goal is a traditional wool kilt then you will be hand sewing. For contemporary kilts, be them wool or something else, then machine sewn is fine. For me I hand sew when working with 100% wool. If using cotton/poly, wool/poly, or anything else, then I machine sew. The learning curve is steep for hand or machine sewn kilts especially if you don't have prior sewing experience. My main problem is keeping the tartan stripes aligned so they don't look like a staircase. Also keeping the pleat width and taper constant with all the pleats. Any variation will be noticed and the measurements for hip and waist will be off. One advantage of hand sewing is you can sew your kilt anywhere. Just need a small collection of hand sewing tools, a place to sit, good light, and you are good to go. Mike
  1. Load more activity