All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Yesterday
  2. Amadan, I have to ask, did you use clutch back lapel-type pins on these, or have you found 2 1/4" brooch pin backs somewhere?
  3. Last week
  4. I can't find anything bigger either, but I think I could use 2 pins with clutch clasps. Someone has to sell it.
  5. Can't help with the kilt hose issue, but am wondering if you've sourced the pin backs for making your own kilt pins. Standard seems to be 2 1/4" as it's big enough to take the weight, but I've found NOTHING over 1 1/2"! Am imagining a non-compete agreement between kilt pin & pin back manufacturers... Congrat's on the expanding wardrobe, wool & 3 straps does make a difference.
  6. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm right behind you. 50lbs in 13 weeks. I will wait until I get close to my target weight to buy more kilts, at least anything expensive.
  7. Congratulation on that weight loss. That is quite a feat.
  8. Well I lost 111lbs so far and I have been lucky enough to find a kilt maker who also does alterations. I have two in right now and in November, I'll give her three more when I pass through while going to Canada. These weren't simple move the buckle alterations either and considering the cost of a new kilt....well I can get three altered (maybe four) for the cost of one new one.
  9. ScotFest was this weekend, I didn't get to but I wonder if they were there. I'd say it's been long enough. Time to go down the refund path.
  10. Still no word and no responses to emails. Jim
  11. It was. We joined the society. They have stuff going on every month. My wife wants to get a kilt now, a matching one to her family, which is a sept to Buchanan. I figure I'll wait until I'm down to my target weight for the family tartan.
  12. Looks like you had a Good time and Pipes to boot. John
  13. Thanks! I love it! I wore it out tonight to dinner, but with chukka boots and a sweater. I should take a new pic.
  14. Went to my first meeting at the Caledonian Society of Arizona. We met at a micro brewery run by a Scotsman. Man, he had some strong stuff. He had two varieties of Scottish Ale. One had 8.5% ABV and the other was 12.8% ABV. Wow. Here is a link to the video of a pipers band that played there. https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0e5368blxikaap/IMG_0578.mov?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6nsmctcmh9hjnc/IMG_0582.mov?dl=0 On the way home my wife says, lets do food shopping. Sure. what difference in reception. At the meeting it was like being home. At Fry's it was like Invasion of the Body Snatchers when Donald Sutherland was converted and exposes his girlfriend as a human. I got some looks...It was my first time really out in a kilt. I was like, if they have the balls to say something, have at it. The only people to say something was at the register: The cashier, bagger and a customer. All were positive. Asked me what clan tartan I was wearing, but other people there looked at me like I had 5 foreheads.
  15. Earlier
  16. Is there DNA testing that can narrow down specific countries?
  17. My first kilt is a standard UTKilt in Black Watch. A little short, but useful. Recently, Heritage of Scotland had a sale, so I got a traditional kilt in Heritage of Scotland tartan. What a difference. Much more comfortable than the Utility Kilt. Since then, I've bought an inexpensive sporran, socks, kilt pin, belt and buckle. I have the flashes too. Tomorrow, the local scottish society is having a tasting at a local brewery that is owned by a scotsman and he makes scottish brews. I plan on wearing the setup tomorrow with my wife coming along. First outing in a kilt. I will be making some of my own kilt pins in the future as they all seem the same and I want something more...personal. Same with a sgian dubhs. It's got to be a real blade...But anyway, the one problem I've had is finding kilt hose that is big enough for one of my calves. I had 3 DVTs in one leg in 1993 and that calf is much bigger than the left one, like 21" versus 17". Does anyone make kilt hose that can stretch that much?
  18. Thanks John, might have to pick up a steamer after work. Gonna take the wife out to dinner tonight and kinda want to look good for her.
  19. Like that Big Blue. Looks nice!
  20. Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin You could give it a quick Steam. John s. e.
  21. Thanks for the welcome, I picked up a traditional in Ferguson Ancient tartan from Highland Kilt Co. fits pretty damned good too.
  22. My current favorite is my newest, "The Works" Sport Kilt in Big Blue tartan. Love it!
  23. Nice. What kind did you get? oh and welcome to the forum.
  24. Looking forward to wearing, with pride. Just needs a good hang to straighten out after shipping and all set.
  25. Hello there! Just joined myself and I bought a third Sport Kilt today. I live near their HQ/showroom and I went in to have belt loops added to my Campbell Sport Kilt. And I found a "Works" kilt in their Big Blue tartan that I just couldn't leave there without. I wore it out, and received compliments when I was at the grocery store. For some reason, this one is a big shorter than the one I took in. This hits mid-knee, but my other one hits below the knee.
  26. Thanks for the Pics every one looks good and the house looks like it is very Interesting. John
  27. Looks like they were both a good time. That house looks amazing. Gotten so use to seeing you in the wildcat I have to do a double take when you wear something else.
  1. Load more activity