All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Need someone's historical knowledge

That's kind of what I figured. I'm going to go ahead with it and see what happens.
  3. Last week
  4. New to the Brotherhood

Hello from Georgia
  5. New kilt and sporran

Lookin' sharp
  6. New kilt and sporran

Looking Good Sir. John
  7. New kilt and sporran

Looks good.
  8. It went ok. What I was surprised at was I was only one of three kilted. In the previous meeting I went to at a different locale, almost everyone was. The difference was that the previous one was on a saturday at a scottish microbrew. So, YMMV as usual. I did get some looks leaving work.
  9. New kilt and sporran

I got my spirit of Scotland wool 13oz kilt and a Rob Roy sporran from UT kilts yesterday. Love them both
  10. Need someone's historical knowledge

Most clans can be traced back to the 11th -13th century. The Saltire was adopted in the 15th century. Unless you are going for 100% historical accuracy, I would think you would be fine using it. i would imagine that if there we any complaints, they would be way fewer than the number of people that like the product. But that's just my opinion.
  11. New to the Brotherhood

Welcome, from Oklahoma.
  12. Kilt looks good. Good luck, and have fun at the meeting.
  13. Fraser of Lovat Sporran

That's a nice looking sporran.
  14. new family member

Looks like You are Doing a Good Job He Looks Good on You. John
  15. new family member

Currently, Bo has me in a training curriculum. Here, I am learning to be his TV pillow:
  16. I'm working on producing a couple of products and my images of the Clan Crests I've had done need a background so I figured I would just use the Saltire, (the scottish flag), as a background, and my question is, is there any reason that anyone knows of that this imagery would be historically inappropriate? These won't be going live for a bit. As far as I can tell this is ok but if I'm wrong I would like to know now. Thanks in advance!
  17. New to the Brotherhood

If you do a genealogy search, you should be able to find out a lot. I dug back on mom's side and found Anderson and Scott. My wife is a Watt, so hence the Buchanan tartan in my sig. I like the Anderson tartan though. I'll probably get a kilt in that and Buchanan muted. Anyway, welcome.
  18. New to the Brotherhood

Sorry, my surname is Jackson. From what i can find out, not associated with any Clan. On my mothers side I can claim Clan Kennedy.
  19. new family member

I've been a cat person most of my life. My wife wanted a dog a few years back, so we got one from the rescue, cairn and dashund. He thinks he can take on anything and is the best judge of character I've met. He's a little like Joe Pesci though. He doesn't like male strangers for the most part and wants to take a piece out of them. very protective little chap. He also will jump into the pool to save me if I swim under water. They definitely grow on you.
  20. New to the Brotherhood

Welcome from Arizona. I have a childhood friend that married an Aussie and now works for the NSW Fire Brigade. If we know your last name or the Scottish one, we could talk about tartans. Welcome.
  21. New to the Brotherhood

Welcome from Arizona. I have a childhood friend that married an Aussie and now works for the NSW Fire Brigade. If we know your last name or the Scottish one, we could talk about tartans. Welcome.
  22. New to the Brotherhood

Welcome from S.E. Wisconsin John
  23. new family member

My wife's parents have a Border Collie. I refer to her as my "dog in law." Border Collies are very smart dogs, and can be over-achievers if trained well. They definitely need jobs to keep them busy.
  24. G'day, I found this site a couple of days ago while researching kilts and trying decide on what to get. I found out my people came from Helmsdale and Caen due to the Clearences in North East Scotland and ended up in Australia. So I am trying to decide on a tartan to get, but these utility kilts look very interesting as well.
  25. G'day, I found this site a couple of days ago while researching kilts and trying decide on what to get. I found out my people came from Helmsdale and Caen due to the Clearences in North East Scotland and ended up in Australia. So I am trying to decide on a tartan to get, but these utility kilts look very interesting as well.
  26. new family member

Good Looking Kids I have been into dogs A little over two years After I was gifted the Boarder Collie Still a Lot to Learn. john
  27. new family member

After many years of not feeling that I had a life that would be good for dogs, we now have two. To backtrack a bit, however, when I was a kid, we had a Basset Hound named Grover. He was, in many ways, a Basset's Basset. Many Basset people think Basset Hounds should have names with a certain ostentatious ring to them, and while Grover was part of our family, I happened on the thought that two Basset Hounds named after the Wright brothers would be fun. Fast forward to my fifty-fifth birthday a year and a half ago, and Jenn has been wanting another dog since Cisco passed away in 2013. We have Wilbur and Orville!
  1. Load more activity