Sign in to follow this  
Barley Bird

Random idea

One of these days I might just have to buy an Apoco-Kilt in a chocolate brown corduroy.

Just so I can say that I have a Choco-Apoco-Kilt.

Chocopaclypse kilt would rool awl.

Just think about how pimpalicious that would be.

I must admit something.....

I HATE corduroy! Loathe, abhor, execrate, abominate, despise, detest, and of course, hate corduroy.

It's a personal aversion but hey, the customer gets what they want.

OK. Maybe no corduroy. But something in a chocolaty brown. Something with a bit of knap to it. Something pimpalicious.

Not sure what though, if not corduroy.

Hemp?

( at this point in our story..the wheels come right off the track as our Hero is completely flabberghasted at the mention of hemp..and melts into a ball of smiling green jello pudding )

Velour?

*runs and hides*

heh, I was just looking at zebra print. Was also think of how cool it would be to do a black and white harlequin pattern for a kilt, or even toss in red and do a tri-color harlequin pattern.

Otherwise, not sure on other soft fabrics for you D...

How about a micro suede?

I've worked with micro suede a few times. While I like the stuff, I wouldn't want to do that to you. Also, microfibre suede has to be lined because it has a very rough side.

Stuff is a slippery pain in the arsecheeks. Not pleasant at all to work with.

I still haven't gotten past the crushed velvet...............!!!!! That sound so cool for a kilt. Maybe a deep, deep royal red? Many, many pleats, and high waist so it could be worn with formal attire?

Crushed wool velvet can't be pressed or ironed very well. Getting a crease into it with out damaging the fabric will be difficult. Something like that would almost certainly have to be handsewn too, because the machine presser foot would cause the fabric to crush.

Well I have to say that my corduroy UK, nice kalamata olive/brown color, is the most comfy kilt I own without a doubt!! Incredibly soft...

Go with the corduroy. i'm in love with my choco cord union kilt. comfiest thing i own.

Corduroy is probably one of the best kilt materials out there. Makes for terrible p@nt$, but awesome kilts.