CWKchic

Shirt troubles

ok the shirt that I have posted on the web site has had one fatal flaw on the front that I hate! It has been bunching at the placket which looks rather Cheesey! So After a major complaint on a sale Gary and I have been up most of the night to make the shirt right and have solved the issue with the pattern.. Good news its fixed! The new shirt will be mailed overnight to the customer so he has it in time for a cd release thingy. AND any other orders will be much improved for this shirt.

Ok Bad news to fix the shirt properly is a pain in the you know what... Sooooooo

What I need from you is pictures patterns ideas of what YOU would like to wear with a kilt. Ideas that you would like to see for sale on our site.....

If I can find patterns and am able to pull of what you would like the first person to make the suggestion gets the prototype... fair enough?

So help a girl out I need sales and ideas. And I am not necessarily settling on just A (as in singular) shirt. I would like to have a few options out there.

Whats the worst that can happen? You get a free shirt out of the deal?

Ok go at it.... I'm waiting.... nothing yet?

As I am not a fine shirt cona-sewer, I must defer a proper answer until I do some research on the subject. I'll get back to you.

ok the shirt that I have posted on the web site has had one fatal flaw on the front that I hate! It has been bunching at the placket which looks rather Cheesey! So After a major complaint on a sale Gary and I have been up most of the night to make the shirt right and have solved the issue with the pattern.. Good news its fixed! The new shirt will be mailed overnight to the customer so he has it in time for a cd release thingy. AND any other orders will be much improved for this shirt.

Ok Bad news to fix the shirt properly is a pain in the you know what... Sooooooo

What I need from you is pictures patterns ideas of what YOU would like to wear with a kilt. Ideas that you would like to see for sale on our site.....

If I can find patterns and am able to pull of what you would like the first person to make the suggestion gets the prototype... fair enough?

So help a girl out I need sales and ideas. And I am not necessarily settling on just A (as in singular) shirt. I would like to have a few options out there.

Whats the worst that can happen? You get a free shirt out of the deal?

Ok go at it.... I'm waiting.... nothing yet?

Do you want the suggestion PM'd or posted here?

Jim

Do you want the suggestion PM'd or posted here?

Jim

here is good.. or either

What "general" style shirt are tou looking for ??? What type kilts, to be used with ???

Puffer

Since I am a full time kilt wearer, I wear a multitude of shirts with the kilt. In cold weather, I wear long sleeves, in warm weather, short.

I consider all my shirts as being "Kilt shirts." And I don't much go in for the "special" shirt that is only worn at Scottish games. Of the shirts that some consider kilt-shirts, I have one "pirate" shirt with puffy sleeves, one similar "jacobite" shirt, one "bog" shirt coming from Dread and another unknown style shirt coming from you.

But having said that, there are some shirt guidelines that I follow.

Almost all the time I wear solid color and no pattern shirts. If I want to wear a pattern or print shirt, I wear them with a solid color kilt. I don't wear my solid color kilts that much, so I don't wear pattern or print shirts that much - maybe once every two months. I pick a color shirt that will compliment a color in the chosen tartan for the day. I tend to wear either primary colors or earth tones. Primary colors with bright tartans and earth tones with weathered tartans.

I like cotton dress shirts (short and long sleeved), safari or guide shirts, short sleeved knit golf style shirts, long sleeved knit rugby style shirts and t-shirts. I like shirts that are roomy enough to be comfortable. Most of my shirts that I wear a lot, have a pocket on the left breast. Today I have on a short sleeved cotton shirt that could be worn with a sport jacket, or even more dressy, simply by adding a tie. It has buttons down the front and a breast pocket. For formal wear, I wear a dress shirt that has ruffle pleats down the front and french cuffs.

I also have several shirts purchased in México that are cut on a full peasant pattern, made out of cotton muslin fabric, neutral/natural cotton cream color that are very rugged and see a lot of wear. This fabric looks great right out of the dryer or heavily pressed.

Generally, I think that any shirt that could be worn with those hated cloth tubes could be worn with the right chosen kilt.

Here is a picture of my "favorite "Style" I wear shirts like this for many occasions (from "period wear to casual/relaxed ( my definition )

I1.jpg

I have them in "many colors & materials. These are made from wool ( Pendleton Mills)

Puffer

Here is a picture of my "favorite "Style" I wear shirts like this for many occasions (from "period wear to casual/relaxed ( my definition )

I1.jpg

I have them in "many colors & materials. These are made from wool ( Pendleton Mills)

Puffer

That one I have already been looking for patterns for.... I love that shirt... cant find one like it but a couple that might be able to easily modify.... sigh if only you were closer so I could get my hands on one of your to look at as well.......

BTW the shirt ideas dont have to be "special" kilt shirts just shirts you would like that you might wear with a kilt.. that you would consider buying if I offered them for sale.

I do like the one that Puffer has.

LIke James I will wear almost any shirt I have hanging in my closet.

As long as the sleves do not shrink. I have some that when I bought them the cuffs came all the way down to my wrist but after a couple of washes they are alot shorter. Time to make them in to short sleves.

Just my .02

KP

Oh yeah, believe me Puffer, we have looked high and low for a pattern to match that shirt!

I love that look, and think it would be fantastic in a lighter cotton for the summer as well as the wool like yours when it gets colder.

It is just such a sharp look and has really caught my eye since the first time I saw you wearing it.

Oh yeah, believe me Puffer, we have looked high and low for a pattern to match that shirt!

I love that look, and think it would be fantastic in a lighter cotton for the summer as well as the wool like yours when it gets colder.

It is just such a sharp look and has really caught my eye since the first time I saw you wearing it.

Check pattern P-007 on this page. I've got the pattern myself but haven't made it up yet, so can't comment further -- but from the sketchy view it looks a bit like Puffer's. I got it based on some shirts we saw at a Games vendor booth.

Good luck!

Check pattern P-007 on this page. I've got the pattern myself but haven't made it up yet, so can't comment further -- but from the sketchy view it looks a bit like Puffer's. I got it based on some shirts we saw at a Games vendor booth.

Good luck!

SQUEEEE hadnt found that one yet !!!!! bookmarked for payday!

That one I have already been looking for patterns for.... I love that shirt... cant find one like it but a couple that might be able to easily modify.... sigh if only you were closer so I could get my hands on one of your to look at as well.......

PM me with your mail address I will send you one of my "older" light weight ones.

I will also "attempt to find someone who has a "pattern" The Lady who makes mine, is out of touch, but I will see what I can do.

Puffer

I also have them in cotton, linen, osberg & flannel ( no I am NOT $$$ flush, they have been made for me over a number of years + her $$ for all But the wools, was under $35.00 (the wools she made for me 2 years ago & last year ($55.00)

Puffer

Heather, Is the shirt you have had this problem with the same style you made me???

If so could you give some more details to what the problems were???

I'd definitely wear a shirt like the one Puffer has one...even if it is far simpler, without the extra panels ( or whatever they are called ) on the each side of the buttons on the front.

Heather,

I like the French Cheesemakers Shirts that you already make, only I would like to see something like it but with no sleeves and with a small collar about the size collar that you see on dress shirts. Or no sleeves without a collar. It would like a loose fit sleeveless T-shirt. Hey I have tatoos and want to show the in the summer.

Jim

I'd definitely wear a shirt like the one Puffer has one...even if it is far simpler, without the extra panels ( or whatever they are called ) on the each side of the buttons on the front.

The Brown shirt on the left is the same basic "pattern without the "panels"

This "plain Style" is very common ( a DROP SLEEVE/yoked )

IMG_0356.jpg

Puffer

Just got off the phone with an "old" friend, who, before "arthritis" set in was a Major quality supplier of shirts. She said the following. If you order a pattern, MAKE sure it is a DRP SLEEVE / yoked style She said that she Knows of NO PATTERNS that have the pleated front included. BUT, she said adding this is EASY. Make the basic shirt. Then you make a separate "plated Panel. & sew it on. I am not a "seamstress" have trouble with buttons)

But I hope the one I am sending you will help. (when I get your address)

As to another pattern,http://www.crazycrow.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4799-500-015&Category_Code=610-200-000&Product_Count=8 http://www.smoke-fire.com/eagles-view-patterns-1.asp (the last one was recommended by several)

Puffer

From just looking at your pictures, that is what I thought it was Puffer.

Going to order that pattern and give it a go.

It will, I am going to order that shirt pattern and Puffer, my new HERO, offered to send me one of his old ones to look at.

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about that!

Did I mention I REALLY like the looks of that shirt? :P

I am always looking for new shirts to wear with my kilt...great subject!

I do NOT like period looking shirts. To me, they scream "reenactor". I am not into SCA or acting like anyone. The kilts I wear are modern kilts, the rest of the accessories should be modern too.

I wear shirts like this a lot: http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law...0:10201/I/72157

(Sorry, I can post the picture here)

I like durability and features. But the shirts above are just too much. I also think a kilt shirt needs to have pockets. Since the kilt dosen't have any, a pocket or two would be swell.

I'm into good, solid materials. No over processes cotton. Maybe even make them out of organic cotton, lightweight wool or even hemp. I love hemp clothing.

I agree with James Mac....solid colors only, or at least broad colors, like no heavy contrasted colors.

I prefer long sleeves in the winter, and even the summer, although at work I have to wear short sleeves anyway. The shirt I posted above has button tabs to keep the sleeves rolled up and secure is a cool feature.

No poofy sleeves. It looks dated and too "period" But they do need to be big enough to roll up and not cut off circulation.

Long enough to help cover the bum and the front, maybe even to mid-thigh if needed. Some kilties go to the big-n-tall shops and pick up the longer shirts if the wool is a little uncomfortable, especially here in PHX in the summer.

Sizing...a real pet-peeve of mine...Since kilts are worn high, then a tighter fit shirt through the abdomen is a good thing. I have an 18" neck...so if I get a shirt that fits the neck, it's WAY too big around the middle....I can almost overlap each side to the side seams. That leads to a "muffin" look around the top of the kilt because the shirt is too big and overflows and gathers around that area.

I do like button-down shirts, but am not opposed to slip-on.

Anyway, just some ideas.

Thunderbolt

PM me with your mail address I will send you one of my "older" light weight ones.

I will also "attempt to find someone who has a "pattern" The Lady who makes mine, is out of touch, but I will see what I can do.

Puffer

Tell Gary he has to share!!!! He beat me to the post!... Thank you puffer!