Sign in to follow this  
AlphaKilts

Semi-Industrial Sewing Machine

I just found my first heavy duty sewing machine. Hopefully it can go to a future kiltmaker. This Singer is as solid as a brick crap house. Sews thru anything I could throw at it. This machine is semi-industrial because it has its own motor but can also be attached to a power deck. $150

84155303_bee574cade.jpg

Hey folks, this price is a steal, the old battleship Singers and the Fashion Mate 237 in particular can go for a whole lot higher... Machine can be fitted with a walking foot and even an industrial grade button holer.

Nice machine at the market price, but shipping kills it for most of us -- best of luck with locals on CL! BTW does this have the presser foot pressure adj knob? (might want to include that in CL listing)

Yes, it has the presser foot adj knob, there is nothing missing on this sewing machine. It works great we have just updated our seamstresses machines and there just isnt any room for this beast anymore. I would highly recommend using this with a power deck if you want to do industrial work.

Yes, it has the presser foot adj knob, there is nothing missing on this sewing machine. It works great we have just updated our seamstresses machines and there just isnt any room for this beast anymore. I would highly recommend using this with a power deck if you want to do industrial work.

Not a question of "missing" the knob, rather my understanding that not all models have that function. Just something a potential buyer might want to know, hence my suggestion to include it in CL listing.

Good luck!

I have sewn thru 12 layers of 12.5 ounce poly cotton twill. I think it will sew thru about 5/8 ths worth of fabric. I will double check the foot height when I get home later.