Sign in to follow this  
sydnie7

Taking orders for custom kilt hose

My mother has knit several pair of kilt hose for family members, and is now willing to take a limited number of orders for outside work. She will be knitting these hose while traveling this summer, so we are proposing to take a deposit (for materials) prior to May 1 with delivery no later than end of September. We will deliver individual orders sooner if possible, but no later than that.

We can source solid-color 100% wool yarn in typical colors: a range of greens, grays, red, blues, black, even (oh, the horror) ivory or cream, or tell us what color you want. These will be standard commercial colors, nothing yarn-matched or custom dyed, and the pattern shown below is the only pattern available.

Price: $80 plus $6 for shipping in continental U.S. (please enquire for shipping outside of U.S.). California sales tax will be collected on orders shipped within the state. Half due on acceptance of order, balance due prior to delivery. We'll accept PayPal or USPS money order only.

A maximum of six (6) orders will be accepted at this time. Please PM me if you are interested. We will work with the first six interested parties to establish color and measurements; if for any reason someone declines to place a deposit, we will contact the next in line. Due to limited availability, this product does not appear on the FlamingoKilts.biz website and is only available through PM at this and one other kilting website.

Thanks for your interest!

Here are views of the finished hose:

Full length

insideflat.jpg

Back of calf

cufftoheelflat.jpg

In use

insidemodeled.jpg

And the work when in progress!

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

Seeing your mothers hands remind me of my Grandmothers hands when she knitted. She knitted 100 hats in one year for the boys school here in Indiana. She was 92 at that time. Don't take it wrong, I don't mean your mothers hands look like a 90 year olds, just the way the pictures are reminds me. I do miss my Grammy.

Jim

Seeing your mothers hands remind me of my Grandmothers hands when she knitted. She knitted 100 hats in one year for the boys school here in Indiana. She was 92 at that time. Don't take it wrong, I don't mean your mothers hands look like a 90 year olds, just the way the pictures are reminds me. I do miss my Grammy.

Jim

Spot on, Jim, she will be 90 this August! We are very fortunate to come from such good stock. She is headed off to Alaska with two of my sisters and their husbands, will be knitting along the way.

It would be helpful to know how much would be needed for a deposit.

It would be helpful to know how much would be needed for a deposit.

Price: $80 plus $6 for shipping in continental U.S. (please enquire for shipping outside of U.S.). California sales tax will be collected on orders shipped within the state. Half due on acceptance of order, balance due prior to delivery. We'll accept PayPal or USPS money order only.

So deposit = $40, then $46 when we ship them (or $43 and $43 if you insist :) ).

FYI just the wool yarn for these socks can be as much as $40/pair (depends what brand we need to go to for desired color).

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by sydnie7