OFCJAX

Special Announcement

I have been offered a job with the Kwajalein Police Department. Kwajalein is a coral atoll located roughly half way between Hawaii and Australia. The Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site is a military base located on that island. The Police Department is a government contract job under Alutiiq Global Solutions.

Check out these pdf's

Island pics and facilities

Kwajalein Police Department General Information

They want me there on the island on April 19th. This means I will turn in my two weeks notice tonight (Done) and that will give me three days of house clearing and packing before getting on a plane.

The advantage of this job is I'll have NO LIVING EXPENSES! I'll be issued a dorm room, food card for the chow hall, no state or federal taxes (FICA, Medicare and a local tax only[13% total]) 80% tuition reimbursment (I still have GI Bill money too) free dial up in the dorm (high speed at work), etc. With bonuses, and money saved I'll have roughly $140K saved after 3 years! With that I can buy about 10 acres of wooded land, and build my log home W/O a mortgage!

I WILL still be making kilts. As the island has NO fabric store, I will be ordering everything and having it shipped or having my customers buy it and ship it to my APO address.

I'll get two trips a year as well. One to HI (I can go somewhere else and pay the difference in airfare) for a week and one home (Louisville) for a week.

Congrats Little brother!!!

Grats, from what I've heard about the place, it's not bad at all. I almost shed a tear thinking that you would have to stop making kilts, because you are on my list of ones I want.

Allright man!!

Alot more tropical kilts in the future?

We'll miss you at the Cincinnati events. Send us some e-post cards while you're there, eh?

Regards,

Rex.

Congratulations JT, I'm happy for you. So I guess that means no trips to St.Louis for a while.

Congrats!!! The only thing better is if there were a bunch of tropical cuties to put on the sun tan lotion, ... Mark

Good things come to those who wait! Congrats!!!

That is outstanding! Grats on the new job man! :icon_super:

great opp bro...enjoy and stay safe...let us all know once you are settled cuz i still need one from ya....

Take me with you! ;) Congrats JT!

I think he should take all of us.... :lol:

MY BROTHER, CONGRATS !!!

WE all KNEW you had "THE RIGHT STUFF"

OMG - A "Picked Team" - Variety in "duties - Training etc. NOT to mention the "PERKS" This makes me WISH, I was 35 years younger. My app. would be on it's way" :wavey:

your Brother, PUFFER

Absolutely Out-Freakin'-Standing!

I've done some reading, on Kwajalein, in Air & Space... supposed to be quite a great gig!

Hope you can send lots of pix!

Congrats!!

I think he should take all of us.... :lol:

Nope just me, lol.

Nope just me, lol.

SORRY, GAL, BUT as I "heard" you are NOW OFF LIMITS" :rolleyes:

Puffer

Congratulations man. Forget Hawaii and go to Australia. Always wanted to go there. Just send pics of you petting a 'roo in a kilt!

Nope just me, lol.

Ahem...

Congrats, brother, sounds like a great opportunity!

d@mn, you running out on him ALREADY?

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to send photos and postcards and such. I'm gonna be mailing over my sewing stuff in the next few days. By the time I get there they should either be there or arrive shortly.

Nope just me, lol.

NO no... Me me me!! I'm apparently single now and good with a gun. LOL j/k