NickWilliams

CWK Kilt Review!

This review has been a long time coming...

I have had this kilt now for months, but I didn't want to try and write a review of it until I had really had a chance to live in it for a while. I've had a chance to put it through its paces, and I must say this is an OUTSTANDING kilt!

First off, one of the main reasons I had not worn it much was that it is pretty light weight. However, it is a lot heavier material than it seems. I wore it to the MO, tartan fest today, and let me tell you the wind blowing across the river was frigid. I was never the lest bit uncomfortable in this kilt though.

The construction and details on this kilt are what is so impressive though. It is a box pleat with all of the pleats sewn in, and it never once lost its shape. Gary actually put in two sets of snaps on the closure system for extra adjustability. This is an awesome feature, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. This one goes from about a 36" to a 38", and everything is hidden under the apron.

Gary also threw in a little clip that hangs from one of the front belt loops. It looks exactly the same as the clips you find on the higher end Utilikilt models. I've never had one of these, and I didn't think I would use it. Now that I have one, I want one on everything I own. You can see in the pic of cactusjack and I below that I have my keys hooked to it. Most useful invention ever! You will also notice in the pics that all the hardware on this kilt is brass, and VERY durable.

Now for my favorite part... the sporran. This is why Gary is a genius. At first glance, it sort of seemed like the sporran hung a little too low. I was used to the sporran on my amerikilt which sits much higher. Gary brings his down a couple of inches, and after actually spend time being active in it I found out why. When you have your wallet, cell phone, etc... in your sporran it adds some weight. With a little weight in it, the lower sitting sporran acts like an extra hand to keep you from exposing yourself. This is amazing! Some other modern kilts like the UK and the CommandoKilt have a narrow apron in the front, supposedly so the apron will fall between your knees easier when you squat down to keep you covered. Gary's system works a million times better. The sporran falls between your legs no matter if you are squatting, getting in and out of the car, or whatever. It keeps you covered! It also allows you to have a lighter weight material for those balmy summer days without having to worry about your kilt blowing up in the front. I spent the whole day on the river front today with gusts of wind coming across the river that were so bad that the vendors were actually having to turn their booths sideways. My kilt never once blew up on me the whole day. The sporran placement is ingenious!

Another interesting thing was that it really stood out in the crowd. I was surrounded by hundreds of people in kilts, and people were still asking me about mine. (Garry I gave out all your cards I had on me) Vendors especially were trying to figure out where it came from. Hopefully I will send a little business your way.

Much to my wife's displeasure, the ladies were noticing it too. She had to fend one off of me three times today. That has never happened to me in any other kilt I own.

This kilt is hands down the best kilt I own. It hangs perfectly, moves with me, keeps me covered, allows me to be more active, is very well built, and looks better on me than any kilt I've ever had. To top it all off, you cannot beat the price or the turn around time.

This is the best kilt I own at the best price around, and I cannot recommend CWK highly enough.

larryandme.jpg

CWK002.jpg

Thanks for everything Gary. You are the man!

Kilt looks great, Nick!!

Who's the doofy lookin' twerp, with his arm around you?

Great review, I have two of Gary's kilts, and I agree, they are my favorites. He makes an outstanding and beautiful product.

The kilt looks GREAT Nick!!! But be careful of them dirty old men trying to hug you!!!

Wow !!

I have never been a "fan" of the "modern KILT" But after seeing this, Gary & I need to TALK

( GARY,after I get through paying for the commitments I have with CWKchic)

Puffer

I know what your talking about!! I dig that brown man, the brass makes it pop!! I really need a brown one, I think we may need to talk as well!!

Neeener, neener, neener!!! I am on Gary's list already, and my first kilt from him should be coming soon!!! In fact, my black kilt with brass attachment should either be on his workbench now, or should soon be on his workbench. I can't wait for it to come, ... Mark

Sorry Mark but you have been way to mean to me lately I bumped yours to the end of the line..... :P

But I do accept bribery to get it moved back up... :witch:

Glad you like it brother.

That brass really pops on that chocolate brown.

I really like the way that looks.

I saw this kilt live and in person yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Gray that is some fine work you did on that on....

That is a great looking kilt!

I'll just echo here for a sec and say that the brass hardware is a perfect match. Congrats on a great kilt and good job Gary!

But be careful of them dirty old men trying to hug you!!!

You're just jealous cause it wasn't you get that hug......

Gary, outstanding work as usual, but this one is exceptional.

The brass just rocks.

Nick, looking good.

Gary, that is beautiful work. The quality is apparent.

You're just jealous cause it wasn't you get that hug......

D@mn foiled again!!!

Sorry Mark but you have been way to mean to me lately I bumped yours to the end of the line..... :P

But I do accept bribery to get it moved back up... :witch:

OK, if thats what it takes, ... LOL. If you don't put it back to the top, I am coming up to Oregon and huggin' and kissin' on ya!!! Then you will have to run and hide!!! So is it back to the front again, ... LOL, ... Mark

P.S. I am mean to all ... nevermind, ... LOL. What was that Gary??? Was it a beer and a ham sammich???, ... LOL

Darn! Another one that I like that I'll be forced to add to my want list!

Congratulations!

Nice one! I am liking the single color ones more and more. I think I may have to order soon....

Could they do a maroon and white kilt to make a Texas A&M kilt?

yes