Sign in to follow this  
MarkWarnick

CWK Black Watch Kilt

First let me apologize for being away for so long. This quarter I took 17 credits in school, with 12 quarter credits being full time. With one teacher being a real jerk. Luckly I kept my 4.0 GPA even after this quarter, but it ate up all of my time. I am now out of school (class ened Friday) until July 13th. Anyway, what I started this for was to brag on my BlackWatch Kilt I got from Gary at Celtic Warrior Kilts.

Gary has always done good on kilts, but this is the first time he has made me a tartan kilt. To say I am impressed is an understatement to say the least!!! In every sense, this is the best kilt I have in my now growing selection. The kilt is confortable with deep pleats and a great look. So nice of a look that many people complimented me on the kilt at the Highland Games yesterday. Three people even asked who the kilt make was. In comparing price to quality, the quality was SUPERB and the price was exceptional, much cheaper than most kilt makers charge. Unlike some of my kilts, for some reason this tartan did not wrinkle during a whole day of walking and sitting watching all the good stuff at the Utah Highland Games. I have a problem with my kilts with the back side being shorter than the front side by about 3". Gary tapered the kilt so when I am standing on flat ground (which I am not in the picture) it is level all the way around, and you can't even tell. In my opinon, Gary is ONE HELL of kilt maker, and the money I paid was well spent. I am currently looking for different tartan material that I want for kilts so I can have him make me a couple more to make for me. I highly suggest having Gary make your kilt!!!, ... Mark

P.S. That is a BotK Shirt and I used the BotK pin as a hat pin!

4778_1074035535188_1355184236_30192819_6

4778_1074035615190_1355184236_30192821_5

4778_1074035575189_1355184236_30192820_7

4778_1074035655191_1355184236_30192822_1

4778_1074035495187_1355184236_30192818_2

Mighty fine kilt and a great looking kiltman!

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

great kilt Mark! congrats! thanks for sharing it with us!

Very nice! Congratulations!

Beautiful scenery as well.

Lookin good Mr. Mark!! Way to go Gary!!

Great looking kilt there Mark, And the wife said your a hansome KILTIE as well...

If not for a great looking kilt by a "Master Kilt Maker" I would not look so good. Gary deserves all the praise on this, ... for sure!!!

Mark, thanks for sharing.

BTW, it is GREAT to see Gary being a "little more Traditional" :P :P

Puffer

good luck on another traditional type... LOL My ears are still bleeding from the profanity and NEVER AGAIN's LOL

Nice kilt!! Congrats!

Looks great! Way to go Gary!

(Would you like this moved to the CWK forum section so that potential customers can read it?)

Yeah IEScotsman, that would be cool.

Still trying to train Mark, he is proving to be pretty untrainable still. :lol:

Also, if you are out there eyeballing this kilt, don't do it.

I have reaffirmed why I don't like working with tartan to try making sort of traditional style kilts.

They are a PITA!

This one was done for Mark to help him out and get it to him in time for an event he wanted it for.

Now if you want a tartan kilt made in a modern style like I did with the one in this thread:

http://www.kiltsrock.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7868

THAT I can help you out with. ;)

Hey, I resemble that remark!!! I am sorry, I thought the merchant section was an area for pictures and feedback on merchants, ... Mark