Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teuchter Loon

Aberdeen

25 posts in this topic

i've seen many threads on other sites where people talk about and show off their pictures of Edinburgh and it makes me wonder how many visitors actually venture north of the Capital? so, to maybe entice you to make the journey i'm going to take you on a mini tour of Aberdeen. i hope you like it :)

i work as a company rep travelling all over the north of Scotland and have taken many pics on my travels. these are just a tiny selection.

3755232604_f9697977a1_b.jpg

Aberdeen beach

3755232304_b57b1bd1ba_b.jpg

Aberdeen's Mercat Cross

3755230606_d53be7dde2_b.jpg

looking down Union Street from the Castle Gate with Archibald Simpson's, the old Tolbooth and the Town House on the right

3754427333_73022e381f_b.jpg

the Town House from the other side

if you like you can see more of my pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/teucterloon/

Great pictures sir. Lovely looking city.

... and it is! i think it's the most beautiful city in the whole of Scotland... but then i might be bias. seriously though, anyone visiting Scotland should come up to Aberdeen.

Edited by Teuchter Loon

Thank you for sharing your city with us. Aberdeen is beautiful and it isn't a place I've had the pleasure to see in pictures very often.

yeah, its a shame we don't get more exposure. 99% of everything people see about Scotland is Edinburgh or Glasgow, but their buildings are all made from sandstone and are very brown. Aberdeen shines and glistens cos it's all made of silver granite.

Being as how Aberdeenshire is the stomping grounds of the Highland Gordons, it's a must-see for me when I make my first trip - hopefully next year on a tour arranged with House of Gordon USA.

you'll love it, trust me.

I see it's still grey. And no rain in your pics :lol:

Seriously though, I love Aberdeen My mate's wife is a Weegie & I give her heaps about it.

ha! yeah, no rain. miracles do happen :)

A lovely day in Aiberdeen! There's no beating it . . .

John

Very cool, thanks for enlightening me, I was one of the ones who only heard of the other cities. Your pics are wicked man.

Looks like a beautiful place. I can't wait to make it there someday. Thanks for sharing.

Makes me want to visit! Thanks!

The people of Aberdeen have much to be proud of. It is well-deserved of the moniker, The Granite City. Stunning architecture abounds, like nothing else anywhere I've visited.

Aberdeen has two bordering rivers that create a beautiful Scottish background to this historic & culturally rich city, and there's much to do in the surrounding shire.

And in a coupla months I'll be up that way towards Turiff and such.

But if only I could understand Aberdonians when they speak.....

Slan yall,

steve

Edited by JS Sanders

The people of Aberdeen have much to be proud of. It is well-deserved of the moniker, The Granite City. Stunning architecture abounds, like nothing else anywhere I've visited.

Aberdeen has two bordering rivers that create a beautiful Scottish background to this historic & culturally rich city, and there's much to do in the surrounding shire.

And in a coupla months I'll be up that way towards Turiff and such.

But if only I could understand Aberdonians when they speak.....

Slan yall,

steve

An' fit's rang wi' oor Doric? :rolleyes:

... and it is! i think it's the most beautiful city in the whole of Scotland... but then i might be bias. seriously though, anyone visiting Scotland should come up to Aberdeen.

Do you have any photographs of Tongue, Cape Wrath and those areas?

An' fit's rang wi' oor Doric?

Nary a thang bubba, nary a thang.

But sumtahms Ah think weer speakin' two differnt langajeez.

Slan yall,

steve

gaan bi thon JS, ye jist micht be ;)

Do you have any photographs of Tongue, Cape Wrath and those areas?

i'm afraid not, just aberdeenshire, kincardinshire, moray and highlands. but the photos are only of places i go when i'm at work or at highland games.

But sumtahms Ah think weer speakin' two differnt langajeez.

Ah kin jist see the likesey thon upperclass buggers stickin their hooters up at this wey ae speirin. Sod thum!

if you like you can see more of my pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/teucterloon/

awesome pics there... thanks for sharing.

glad you liked them :)

Ah kin jist see the likesey thon upperclass buggers stickin their hooters...

Ya know in Amer-English, hooters has an entirely different meaning. But I do get your point.

Great pictures Teuchter. Used to work out of Aberdeen so quite a few of your city centre snaps are familiar. Nice one mate.

As I mentioned above, I'll be there around August 8 or 9. Might could have a meet-up.

great pics our Clan castle is there castle Drum,we Irwins are proud to support it and its gardens thanks...