Sign in to follow this  
Matthew J. Greene

A new house

I haven't been on the forum very much the last few months. As some of you may remember I got married four months ago ( today actually). Since then we have been living four hours apart because of economic reasons (not sensible to quit a good job ). Neither of us liked the idea, but we felt is was the responsible thing to do. We have her two children to think of also. During this time I have been looking for a house. I've lost count of how many I have looked at.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Jean and I finally found a house in Grand Rapids Ohio. It's a four bedroom, bath and 1/2. It's a ranch with attached garage situated on a little over half an acre. It was built in 1964.

We have had the first house inspection. I am now waiting for the VA appraisal and inspection. It is quite possible that we could close by the middle of September.

Grand Rapids, OH is a nice little town on the banks of the Maumee River. We are close enough to walk down and fish whenever we want, yet high enough up the hill to be out of the flood area. The school district is very good.

I am very excited (Jean is too). The stress of living four hours apart the first four months of our marriage was starting to get to both of us.

I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible. We have a busy time in front of us.

Here is a view of the front with the screened in front porch.

100_0682.jpg

A view of the rear with the deck. The deck will need a good cleaning and staining before winter.

100_0676.jpg

A view of the back of the house from the corner of the property. The side door is to the garage.

100_0683.jpg

I think my old Ford looks pretty good in the drive. This will be the first year my motorcycle will be in a garage. (Jean calls the garage my "man cave")

100_0681.jpg

This is a view of the kitchen looking out into the dining room. That is the house inspector at the counter (A good guy. We had a good talk about hunting and fishing). We are going to paint the dining room area white (?). The current "Chartruese" is a bit loud. A change of wallpaper in the kitchen is in order also.

100_0678.jpg

Jean has agreed to help me brew a batch of stout to celebrate our new home. After all our love of Guinness is part of the reason we were introduced. (HAHA, yet another homebrewer brought into the fold.)

Congratulations. Nice house........and a garage too! I'm jealous..........my motorcycle still sits in the driveway. :thumleft:

Looks like you done found a good one there.

This is a duplicate of the post in the members pics area. I always forget that not everyone on the forum is a paying member.

I haven't been on the forum very much the last few months. As some of you may remember I got married four months ago ( today actually). Since then we have been living four hours apart because of economic reasons (not sensible to quit a good job ). Neither of us liked the idea, but we felt is was the responsible thing to do. We have her two children to think of also. During this time I have been looking for a house. I've lost count of how many I have looked at.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Jean and I finally found a house in Grand Rapids Ohio. It's a four bedroom, bath and 1/2. It's a ranch with attached garage situated on a little over half an acre. It was built in 1964.

We have had the first house inspection. I am now waiting for the VA appraisal and inspection. It is quite possible that we could close by the middle of September.

Grand Rapids, OH is a nice little town on the banks of the Maumee River. We are close enough to walk down and fish whenever we want, yet high enough up the hill to be out of the flood area. The school district is very good.

I am very excited (Jean is too). The stress of living four hours apart the first four months of our marriage was starting to get to both of us.

I'll keep everyone updated as much as possible. We have a busy time in front of us.

Here is a view of the front with the screened in front porch.

100_0682.jpg

A view of the rear with the deck. The deck will need a good cleaning and staining before winter.

100_0676.jpg

A view of the back of the house from the corner of the property. The side door is to the garage.

100_0683.jpg

I think my old Ford looks pretty good in the drive. This will be the first year my motorcycle will be in a garage. (Jean calls the garage my "man cave")

100_0681.jpg

This is a view of the kitchen looking out into the dining room. That is the house inspector at the counter (A good guy. We had a good talk about hunting and fishing). We are going to paint the dining room area white (?). The current "Chartruese" is a bit loud. A change of wallpaper in the kitchen is in order also.

100_0678.jpg

Jean has agreed to help me brew a batch of stout to celebrate our new home. After all our love of Guinness is part of the reason we were introduced. (HAHA, yet another homebrewer brought into the fold.)

Hi, Nice to meet you and thanks for letting me see the house as homes are one of my favourite topics. Just from these photos it looks like the house has been kept up over the years. I think it looks very nice. I'm glad that things have become less stressful for you and your wife. Is your town near Defiance? I'm tired right now or else I'd look that up myself!

Very best wishes from another Buckeye nut.

Just from these photos it looks like the house has been kept up over the years. I think it looks very nice. I'm glad that things have become less stressful for you and your wife. Is your town near Defiance?

Very best wishes from another Buckeye nut.

Thanks. The house has been kept up very well. The lady we are buying it from built it in 64 with her husband. Yes Defiance is near Grand Rapids. Just follow the Maumee south past Napolean and you'll run into Defiance. Perrysburg to Defiance is a nice ride on the motorcycle.

nice place enjoy and use the excuse of house projects to buy new tools.

bob M

:headbanger:

Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership! Within a month your truck will be able to finda Lowes without you!

Hello my friend, I wish you and your family good fortunes and good health, all the best, Sampers.

nice place enjoy and use the excuse of house projects to buy new tools.

bob M

Agreed

Welcome to the wonderful world of home ownership! Within a month your truck will be able to finda Lowes without you!

I swear to god my car knows it's way to Home Depot and back and has taken that trip many times without me... :lol: