Sign in to follow this  
OFCJAX

Non kilt Needle Pimpin

I made myself a headboard for <$30. Yup, Cheap Bastard. I got the lumber for free at the junk yard, the tools and hardware for free from the local "Self help" store and scrounging. The padding was free from old monitor shipping containers and the spray adhesive was "Acquired" by less than upright means. Only thing I had to pay for was one yard each of the black bridal satin and black croc print vinyl. The thread and canvas backing I had already.

It's essentially a slip cover that I can take off the frame to clean, repair or replace if need be.

I ended up making a matching throw pillow as well as recovering a desk chair to match.

just the headboard

pillow, chair and whole shebang

Whatcha think?

Sharp homie!!

Are you sure you're not telling us something more? That looks pretty good for a young single guy to make up, just to have a place to lay your head.

Me-thinks that you now have your eye on a young island beauty that you want to take back to show her your etchings. :lol:

Seriously the black and red treatment of your bed looks down-right regal!

JT, You simply amaze me at time. You'll make great husband some day... :lol:

You are truly a JAX of all trades.

Are you sure you're not telling us something more? That looks pretty good for a young single guy to make up, just to have a place to lay your head.

Me-thinks that you now have your eye on a young island beauty that you want to take back to show her your etchings. :lol:

he doesn't call it casa de boom boom for nothing. ;)

It's very nice JT. You know me, Black & Red are my favorite colors. Great job!

Amazing

Seriously the black and red treatment of your bed looks down-right regal!

I "Jokeingly" tell people that the padding is a safety issue. Besides, just cause I'm single doesn't mean I have to live like a frat boy.

The bedding was a set from Walmart. I added the red stitching on everything to tie it all together. I'm a very textural person. The raised Crocodile print and satin have a very nice feel to them. The added benifit of the satin is it evokes thoughts of satin sheets but without the heat and slipperyness they are known for. The comforter and shams have a raised velvet like print on them as well as the velvet lattice trim.

The window treatment is actually 3 strw mats. I covered the sides of one with black grosgrain ribbon and red stitching to hide the pink trim on them already. The rest of the edges are hidden.

I tend to overthink things.