Darrell Lawrence

Get a combo of 3 used Amerikilts for $100

I'm selling 3 used Amerikilts as a combo deal for only $100. They are all Waist 48 Length 24. All were purchased for marketing at Kilted Heart on 3/20/09. You get one black, one khaki, and one olive. This is a pretty good deal if you're a size 48.

Also, this will be my last post in the Kilted Heart section. With regret, Kilted Heart will no longer be able to honor the 10% discount to Brotherhood of the Kilt Members. This is do to the our wholesale costs + inbound freight costs, compared to the retail price we must charge to be competitive. On some existing products, as well as products we plan to offer, our markup is less than 10%.

So with regret, I have requested that Kilted Heart be removed from kiltsrock.com. We have enjoyed being listed as an official merchant, and perhaps we can return sometime in the future.

Darrell

I think with everything else you have offered through kiltedheart you should still be Brotherhood merchant.

Jim

I wish I was a 48. Darrell, I haven't purchased anything from you, but I have been looking. With the economy being what it is and the job situation the way it is, I can understand your thinking. I wouldn't pull out. Hang in there. Not everyone is out for the discount. God speed if it is what you need to do. Hutch.

I wish I was a 48. Darrell, I haven't purchased anything from you, but I have been looking. With the economy being what it is and the job situation the way it is, I can understand your thinking. I wouldn't pull out. Hang in there. Not everyone is out for the discount. God speed if it is what you need to do. Hutch.

Jim and Hutch thank you for your encouragement. I didn't realize the Kilted Heart section was still open because per my request I've been removed as an Official Merchant of the Brotherhood. Requirements for being listed as an official merchant state that you give a 10% discount on all your products to BotK members. That would apply whether a member requested the discount or not. As Kilt retailers we are in a different situation as compared to merchants who manufacture and retail their products. We have to work with smaller profit margins. We have recently been put in a situation were one of our kilt product lines had a price cut on their retail price that would force us to sell at a loss because of the cost of the inventory we purchased. So we had to make a decision of staying here as an official merchant and selling the product at a loss, or withdrawing from our official merchant status.

We are also expanding into products that by contract we cannot sell below the manufacturer's advertised price. That in itself negates being an official merchant of the brotherhood. Other products we plan to sell will have less than a 10% markup in order to compete. Bottom line is we had to pull out. But we'll still be selling kilts, and expanding on the brands and quantities of kilts we sell.

Thanks again for your encouragement.

Darrell