Sign in to follow this  
Kilted Eric

Pictures Of Your Gaters

I am hoping that those of you who have Leg Gaiters (or grieves) that they made or bought could post some pics here. I am thinking of DIYing an old pair of p@nt$ into Leg Gaiters, but need some visual aids.

Thanks

what kind of gaiters are we talking about? kilt / period specific or serious outdoor gear?

Outdoorsy ones, hiking, homemade, wool, what ever. I just need some design ideas, and I know I have seem some homemade one around here.

gotcha...here are the ones I was thinking about.

http://www.rei.com/category/40005942

I have some by mountain hardware and OR

Same here. Notice in the picture, referred to in KT's post, that good gaiters have a zipper or velcro closure IN FRONT, not behind. Closures that face to the rear are taboo because they are inferior for the exclusion of elements.

Same here. Notice in the picture, referred to in KT's post, that good gaiters have a zipper or velcro closure IN FRONT, not behind. Closures that face to the rear are taboo because they are inferior for the exclusion of elements.

I have a OR Seattle SOmbrero and Have never felt a drop on my head. So I do not use gators, but OR makes some good stuff!