Mcmurdo

Your Favorite Tattoo

The recent thread about Doc Hudson's first tattoo here

got me thinking as several members have tattoos, what is/are your favorites

Here is my favorite a coy fish I got about 6 yrs ago in Toledo, from a friend from Kansas who has been a Tattoo Artist for 40 yrs. It took 5 and a half hours then the next day I rode the motorcycle home through two tornadoes that hit Guelph, and driving rain for about 6 hours.

100_0776.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have just 1 that I like... mine is actually a set of 6 Chinese characters and an Indian wheel of Law. At least that was what I remember it being called where I had found it, but right now it's turning up a different image when I look for that on Google. It's on the cover of 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead: Or, The After-Death Experiences on the Bardo Plane, according to Lama Kazi Dawa-Samdup's English Rendering'

adamsback.jpg

Oh, and the Chinese is:(from top to bottom)

Destiny, Strength, Bone, Power, Pain, Love.

Sadly I am... that was before I got my first kilt. Once I get some more of the work I want done on my back I'll add a new picture, with a kilt on. Or I'll have someone retake this type of shot in one. :)

I only have the one.

000_1062-1.jpg

which I got after my son passed away. I have a couple more that I want to get done but I usually get told " what will it be a kilt or a tattoo?" :)

My favorite is my father's knot I had done for my son, Quinn. I'll dig up the pics and post a link...

Hard call, as I have over 3000 tattoos. My favourite is probably the Pictish work on my face (done by my wife), but seeing that I usually forget that it's there (out of sight, out of mind) my hands are probably the ones I'd pick. The work is by my wife once again, & they're not finished quite yet.

an1.jpg

belt1.jpg

• Like 1

those are amazing! your wife is very talented!!

Nice work. Between the handy work your wife did, and the tattoo work she's done on you, I'd say you're definitely a lucky guy. Any shots of the Pictish work that you have on your face?

below is my only (and by default my favorite) tattoo... like kilts, i can't have just one, and like kilts, they are not cheap. i got this one less than a year ago. i got it done here: Warlock's in Raleigh NC by Ernie. it took a little over 3 hours. everyone in the shop was surprised that my first tattoo was so large, they also were surprised that i never asked for a break. i guess people react/perceive pain differently. i didn't think it was that big a deal. i'm not trying to brag, for contrast, put me in the dentist's chair and i become a whining little pansy.

i already know what i want next, and my wife is completely against it cause it will be too big... what i am after is something along these lines: click here, and here, and here. basically i want a norse style dragon that snakes its way from my shoulder to ankle wrapping and winding its way down.

here's mine at just a few hours old:

firstTattoo.jpg

wages, that is a great tat!

Wages hasn't posted in this thread. :ant:B)

woops...Furrycelt...that is a great tat!!

(the sleep monsters kicked my butt last night!)

Sorry..you can't see my tattoo, this is after all, a "Family" forum..besides, I'd be moon'n y'all and we don't want that do we? :blink:

TATTOO??????

WHAT TATTOO????????

Red Wookie,

I like that cross. THAT looks like something I WOULD get.

NICE!

Red Wookie,

I like that cross. THAT looks like something I WOULD get.

NICE!

thanks guys. :)

"red wookie"... LOL... i love it... i'll have to tell my friends that one.

luckily the tattoo is still visible now that all the hair grew back :wavey:

Any shots of the Pictish work that you have on your face?

This shot is before it was finished. That big gap on the cheek is now filled with a torc, which symbolises my place as head of our family now that my mother has passed (it also works well on a clan basis if combined with the stag on my temple). There are also two more horizontal slashes, the four of which symbolise parental deaths. The mirror & comb on my neck is a memorial to a female who has passed, in this case my youngest daughter Lauren. I also have the three warrior marks from my lower lip to my chin. My face is finished now, but I plan to extend my neck right down to my collarbone. I need to add the "z-rod" in there somewhere.

face2.jpg

Here's a pic of my favourite little Celt at work. That's a mirror & comb, on top of the "V-rod" on her forehead.

Jwork.jpg

Very nice work there, your wife did a great job. That's something I don't think I could do myself, but still awesome.

great looking tats, raptor!

I got my first one tonight...or rather last night... the burning is keeping me up late =) It's my favorite... It's a Haida Spirit Eagle and in the center I added a Japanese Mon of a Kikyo -Bellflower. =) No one told me i'd want to hurl like when you get a bad sunburn. No pain no gain!

TatFinupclose96.07-1.jpg

TatFinPerspective96.07-1.jpg

that is an incredible tattoo!!

Very nice!

That's a very nice looking tattoo!

Excellent work Megs, thats a big piece for your first one, congrats on the new tattoo.