mercop

Paracord Sporran Hangers

I play with lots of paracord and here is my latest concoction. These were made for my 2 inch belt from Amerikilt.

sportac010.jpg?t=1263774085

Wore my Nightstalker Sporran from Stillwater Kilts on them all weekend and they rocked.

• Like 1

Nice work

Thanks, took three sets before I was satisfied with the outcome.

where did you get the clasp at, that has been an issue for me in my attempts.

Got mine at Home Depot

Ah... the ones from Jo-Anne's are crap, never thought to look at Home Depot.

You can also find them at Tandy Leather if you have one near you , or online.

Very cool idea George!

In response to a few PMs, yes I will make them for sale. I have just about every color paracord you can find and can make them in any size. Just PM me for details- George

I could have sworn there was someone else who made sporran straps and such from parachord. maybe I am dreaming...

Jim makes sporran straps, Not sure is he's ever made hangers. I'll need to ask him.

No my question is are these made from leather paracord????

Like my sporran strap is...

CoolStuff008.jpg

Nice job

Now what is paracord?

Parachute cord (also paracord or 550 cord) is a lightweight nylon kernmantle rope originally used in the suspension lines of US parachutes during World War II. Once in the field, paratroopers found this cord useful for many other tasks. It is now used as a general purpose utility cord by both military personnel and civilians. This versatile cord was even used by astronauts during STS-82, the second Space Shuttle mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope.

The braided sheath has a high number of interwoven strands for its size, giving it a relatively smooth texture. The all nylon construction makes paracord fairly elastic; depending on the application this can be either an asset or a liability.

Paracord, nylon type. I keep some on hand :hyper:

aircraftwire001.jpg?t=1263858378

Mercop, i'm just going to move this over into "show us what you made" instead of leatherworks since it's paracord. those are pretty neat, thanks for posting this!

I could have sworn there was someone else who made sporran straps and such from parachord. maybe I am dreaming...

Yep. Here...

Yep. Here...

That's it, I have two of his and they are fantastic..And he doesn't make a dime off of these, He does it as a hobby. We have told him that those leather ones he makes could be a big seller for him but he just shakes his head and says nope can't charge my friends for something I do killing time while watching TV..

Sorry, I did no know it had been done. Also apologize for posting them in the wrong place.- George

Sorry, I did no know it had been done. Also apologize for posting them in the wrong place.- George

George, there ain't nothin' to apologize for. It's all good.

Fantastic idea! Thanks for the photos.

Love the idea, I have been playing with making para cord bracelets and I love the idea of kilt hangers

Very cool. I may have to talk to you at some point about getting a set. Need to figure out what direction I'm going for a kilt belt first though.

I prefer a more traditional look over paracord, so I'm thinking I could braid round leather cord in the same way, any reason this can't be done? I'm not well versed In the capabilities of leather so it's worth asking before I get a spool of leather