Sign in to follow this  
tyger

Handforged Santa Belt Buckles

I have had a few Santas ask for belt buckles. Here are 2 designs that I have forged:

Santa Belt Buckle, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, brass on copper with hand-dropped glass, 3.5 inches diameter, copyright 2010

SantaBuckleRudolphresized-1.jpg

Santa Belt Buckle, The North Pole, brass on copper with hand-dropped glass, 3.5 inches diameter, copyright 2010

SantaBuckleShadowboxresized-1.jpg

I dig that, a lot actually. if the reindeer was aged copper/brass with green it would be a hunters buckle too. thats a nifty skill you have. whats the about price range you ask for those beauties?

Thank you for the compliments.

For now, the price of these buckles is the same as for the other buckles in the Married Metals Series: $125, plus $6 shipping USPS Priority Mail confirmed receipt. Each buckle is packaged in a velvet draw-string bag along with history and care cards and a Sunshine cloth. Lead time can be as long as 4-6 weeks before I can get the buckle made, and shipped.

Fleury Thisle Cross, brass on copper, 3.5 inches diameter, history and care cards, Sunshine cloth, in velvet drawstring bag, copyright 2009

bucklecardsandclothresized-1.jpg

Perfection. I especially love the second one.

Well, you have given me cause for thought here.

If the dome with an inverted center could be symbolic of a boobie, then why couldn't one stamp the edge of the dome with ribbon motifs, set a pink stone/glass in the dome, thus making a pendant or brooch, and raise funds for breast cancer awareness?

I am being serious here.

Edited by tyger

If the dome with an inverted center could be symbolic of a boobie, then why couldn't one stamp the edge of the dome with ribbon motifs, set a pink stone/glass in the dome, thus making a pendant or brooch, and raise funds for breast cancer awareness?

I didnt notice this, but now that you brought it up. it kinda does fit that haha.

More brilliant work!

More brilliant work!

Thank you Mark. You are too kind. I have had some time this winter to work on things that were "incubating."

On a serious note: I am well on to this boobie concept.....stay tuned for another original design.

Edited by tyger

I am being serious here.

That is an absolutely wonderful idea!

That is an absolutely wonderful idea!

2 designs are on the board, and will be pursued when the bench has been cleared of current work.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, Jack Roller said:

How wide a belt will the reindeer buckle receive? What price?

Just so you're not left hanging, the OP hasn't posted on this site in almost six years. 

Doesn't mean he isn't here DMing with people, but it doesn't look good for getting a response.