Sign in to follow this  
sydnie7

Cable-Knit Hose

Third pair of kilt hose I've made for Bob, these using a cable pattern that I purchased separately and incorporated into a basic hose pattern. I had to figure out how to "end" the cable myself. These somehow turned out too long, so [someday] I'll rip them up almost to the end of the cable and start the heel flap from there, vs. the few inches of plain knitting you see from end of cable to ankle. And shorten those flashes! But a double fold at the cuff made them wearable for a day at the Vista Games, with Leatherneck tartan.

VISTAGAMES008.jpg

I'm almost done with a pair in dark blue, using one of the cuffs from Gainford's book. Will get pix of them posted in the next few weeks.

They look good!

I personally like a beefy cuff. Your cabling down the side looks awesome.

Good looking hose Sydnie. I missed you guys at the games. Where did you hang out?

Good looking hose Sydnie. I missed you guys at the games. Where did you hang out?

We were at the Donnachaidh tent, as usual. Looked for you, Bob thought he spotted you at one point but wasn't in a position to make contact. Had dinner at Hennessey's with Greg and Randa from Beaumont, pretty quiet weekend overall. You going up to Ventura in Oct? Thinking about a kilt night in Carlsbad between now and then.