IEScotsman

Hobbies and Extra Stuff

:D Skateboarding, Jeep 4 X 4, Camping, Fishing, Stained Glass, Wood Work, Embarrassing My Children... :twisted:

Budog. 8)

oooooooo, embarrassing the children.....one of my favorites. I have only one child and she is almost 6. So I have been practicing and from what I have found so far I believe I'm on the right track....lol

Drawing, painting, graphic design (I have a freelance business if anyone needs anything done), comics, reading, camping, anything outdoors, Star Wars, pleasing the wife

pleasing the wife - hahaha

:lol: That could be taken more than one way Bro... :)

Roger "Doc". 8)

I'll bring this back up to the surface.

Man...where to start...

I'm learning to sew kilts when the weather outside is too hot or wet to go out and play.

I've gradually, over the years raced a bunch of stuff with wheels and/or an engine. I'm currently focusing on building a vintage road racing motorcycle. I still help out friends that race stock cars, mountain bikes and snowmobiles just to get my "fix".

I love to cook, the more the merrier. Sometimes we have people over and they pick the food for me to cook and I can't use my cookbooks. Kind of like the Iron Chef show on TV.

I make a little bit of wine every year for gifts.

I love working with my hands, no matter if it's fabricating parts in my machine shop or working in the garden. That whole "idle hands" thing and all.

Ask me again in a year and most of these hobbies/interests will have changed. Go all the way, full on, wide open or don't go at all.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm semi retired from my rugby club. Took a role as an officer and only play once or twice a year to get my fix. Broken bones and stuff don't heal as fast as they used to.

Ok so besides making kilts ... I have a great son who is a pistol to be around and will graduate in a year.

I have a daughter who just graduated from h/s and will have her AA this Fall... kinda scary when your kids are smarter than you... but hey I want my kids to be heros not door stops.

I like kilts, shooting, cigars, FOOD, broadswords, beer etc....

And I am still losing the battle of the bulge ... sigh!

Oh yeah and a great girlfriend.... she's really the best.

Ok so besides making kilts ... I have a great son who is a pistol to be around and will graduate in a year.

I have a daughter who just graduated from h/s and will have her AA this Fall... kinda scary when your kids are smarter than you... but hey I want my kids to be heros not door stops.

I like kilts, shooting, cigars, FOOD, broadswords, beer etc....

And I am still losing the battle of the bulge ... sigh!

Oh yeah and a great girlfriend.... she's really the best.

this will help with your personal battle

http://www.kiltsrock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=888

KT

That's why I keep the weight on.....

I keeps the legions of lusty females from ripping me apart!

:(

I thought I woudl raise this one up again.

I build guitars in what little spare time I have and my next one is going to be a tartan related guitar. I am assembling the parts now and as I begin building I will post pics. It will prbably take about two months to do withthe finish I am planning.

It is going to be a telecaster style with the MacLeod of Lewis Tartan. If it comes off good, I may do more!

I thought I woudl raise this one up again.

I build guitars in what little spare time I have and my next one is going to be a tartan related guitar. I am assembling the parts now and as I begin building I will post pics. It will prbably take about two months to do withthe finish I am planning.

It is going to be a telecaster style with the MacLeod of Lewis Tartan. If it comes off good, I may do more!

I think I speak for all of us when I say "we need pictures!"

I think I speak for all of us when I say "we need pictures!"

Yes, Yes, Pictures, Pictures, and more Pictures B)

I will take pics as I begin the build, I will probably open a thread to follow it. I am still getting all of the parts together though, I am kind of anal about having everything in hand before starting, but I hop eto hav everything in place in a couple of weeks. The biggest hurdle is getting the right wood for the body. I don't have a good local supplier so I have to go afield to find what I need.

More to come though!

tartan guitars...I can see a market for them!

tartan guitars...I can see a market for them!

What about Tartan Cars?

I've been toying around with ways to make one without spending $5,000+, being crappy looking, or being only very temporary (tape).

What about Tartan Cars?

I've been toying around with ways to make one without spending $5,000+, being crappy looking, or being only very temporary (tape).

Once the BotK tartan is official, I plan to turn my red Toyota Tacoma into the BotK Tartan Tank! (yes, I am going to have my truck painted/decaled with our tartan!)

What does it cost to get on of those car wrap thingys? I used to see them all over Atlanta when I was working there.

Hmmm... a MacLeod Mini....

Hello Guys,

Well, what I say about myself...I am a online gamer ofcourse since there not much to do in the winter here. But I am a outdoor person and enjoy taking pictures, sorry not able to post due to them being black and white 35mm camera...I have mushed dogs and done my share of being dragged by the team when I tried to turn on ice... I like reading to my four kids, and working on my car since it needs to run all winter long... Well, as current intrest is in finding family history which lead me here being 50-60% from scotland and ireland grandparents but they are not sharing much about our kilt tartan. I think they are having fun watching me learn and becoming intrested in our past...That is their way to get us younger kids into the family history I guess. Well, if you want to know more about me ask.....Raven

I'm a Piper.

I also do some backyard beekeeping but right now i just inspect my hive.

(apperently i'm running an "illegal beekeeping operation" (not actually illegal..i think) and me and my dad are trying to figure some things out about registering the hive. lol)

im an old school punk rawk boy...skate,wake and snowboard to a soundtrack in my head from minor threat/dk/sexpistols/dri/mdc etc...

i ride road and mtn bikes..have recently ventured into triathlons..but a dislocated shoulder from skating will put that on ice for a few

i grew up hunting and fishing..still like to shoot skeet/trap. shoot IDPA and train for fun with the local hot shot shooters.

hmmm 2 kids 5 and 8 that keep me busy and a lovely wife who has finally given up on fighting the kilt.

you dont wanna hear me on the chanter...but i rock on Guitar Hero!

I also drive a jeep, a '97 cherokee. I spend most of my time between tattooing in my wife & I's studio & "the shed", tinkering with sgians & the very occasional other blade. In between, I get mugged by our British Bulldogs "Wombat" & "Tilly". I get to whichever highland games I can scam time off for, & am addicted to "B-Grade" movies. That's about my life in brief.

Okay, I just found this , so I thought I would post (yes, I am very slow getting around the board...lol).

My Overview:

I'm a mom of 4 girls, Katelyn (Katie) is 7, Alyson (Aly) is 5, Alexis (Lexi) will be 3 in January, and Christian (Chrissy) is 16 months.

I'm an Archer, I generally shoot left-handed recurve, I also like crossbows and hope to own one some day.

I'm a Girl Scout Leader, we have all ages in our troop and have about 12 girls this year which is great for our area. My goal is to expose the girls to experiences that girls in our area are not usually exposed to. I want to teach them that just because we are in an economically deprived area, it doesn't mean that they have to stay here. They can make a success of themselves.

I enjoy Camping, Hiking, Biking, and quite a few outdoor activities (so do my girls :lol: ).

I Sew, Knit, Crochet, Quilt, and most Hand-Crafts.

I am also a Soccer Mom...my 2 oldest play for one of the local youth clubs and they are pretty good.

I was part of the Flag Corp in High School and College, so I am dangerous with a flagpole...lol

I am currently trying to get the money together for my Life and Health Insurance Licensing Exams. As soon as I get my licenses I will be an Insurance Agent specializing in Senior Citizens. I really love working with Seniors.

I guess that is a general overview of me. I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone might have, but I'm not really that exciting....lol.

I can't believe that I've not already posted in this thread!!

My interests are rather varied, as it seems most of the folks here. Reckon being bored easily is a kiltman character trait?

At the moment, I'm nearly finished with an AA in Culinary Arts, and am looking for a decent job in the food service industry. I love to cook and really enjoy experimenting in the kitchen. I'm a pretty good camp cook and have fed nearly 100 people from a campfire and a couple of dutch ovens. Baking is my passion, and my Chicken in the Heather will make you hurt yourself.

I've been a gun crank since I was too small to get a good one hand grip on a Colt SAA. I had to severely think my collection during hard times a few years ago, but I still have a few that I don't get to shoot near as often as I'd like. Revolvers, especially single-actions, lever-action rifles, and double-barreled shotguns are my preferred toys. I've been a CCW permit holder for many, many years, and spend lots of time talking and writing (politicians and editors as well as on the internet) about the Right to Bear Arms.

I've dabbled in leatherwork since the late 1980's and have even sold a few items, mostly gunleather and saddlebags.

I am a voracious reader and accumulator of books. I recently donated nearly 4,000 books to the prison library and still have nearly that many in the house. My tastes are very eclectic and range from action/adventure to pulp fiction, to classics, to historical fiction and science fiction. My favorite writers are, in no particular order, H. Beam Piper, J.R.R Tolkien (I used to re-read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy every year), J.K. Rowling (I re-read the whole series every time a new book came out), C.S. Forrester, Robert Ruark, Peter Capstick, James Michener, Thomas Costain, Samuel Shellabarger, George MacDonald Fraiser, Harry Turtledove, Mark Twain, Elmer Keith, Paco Kelly, Kevin Gonzales, Anthony Hope and H. Rider Haggard. There are others, but they don't come to mind at the moment.

I also enjoy old movies, especially John Wayne movies, my all time favorite is probably The Quiet Man.

I spend entirely too much time on the computer annoying people here and a few other forums, and I spend lots of times acting as doggy doorman for our dogs Mattie, a Great Pyrenees, and Pepper, a Miniature Schnauzer.

I also used to do some beadwork. I made mostly earrings, and a few necklaces, I even made one beaded leather vest for my god-daughter. But I haven't done any beadwork in several years.

I'd like to call myself an aspiring writer, but truth is, I have 150 pages of ms and haven't been able to get my hero out of the railroad station at Devil's River, Texas for over three years. I've published a few short stories, most originally published on the now defunct Wyatt Earp Firearms Emporium and Mercantile website. For four years, I had a regular column and a question and answer column there.

I also attend church pretty regularly, but not enough to consider it a hobby or obsession. I did get drafted to teach adult Sunday school classes in the month of November, and got conned into doing one more Sunday on the Celtic Church, so I guess I need to start doing some research so as not to appear too ignorant.

Hey Doc,

If you don't get your writing in gear by next November, you may be interested in doing National Novel Writing Month. This was my first year, and cranking out 50,000 words in a month was a great challenge to get the ol' writing juices flowing.

So, what kinda group do we have assembled here? Let's use this thread to get to know more about our members.

I noticed in a recent post from Doc that he is doing some work on his Jeep. I'm also a Jeeper and can be found on Jeepaholics.com often times. I've got a lifted '95 Jeep Wrangler.

But I'm also an avid reader, camper, online gamer, husband, and advertising executive. What about you folks?

I don't drive a jeep, but I suppose one could say I go off-road with an 8 X 8 :car-smiley-004: Okay, would you believe "my other car is a train.?" On summer weekends, I am motorman or conductor on two historic interurban streetcars, dating from 1905 and 1912. This is a non-kilted activity. On winter weekends, I go English Country Dancing with my partner [see avitar] as often as I can, and usually kilted. I'm also a caligrapher, historian, and gardener. When laid up with arthritis, :) I have altogether too much time on my hands, and do a lot of reading, and listening to music.