IEScotsman

Hobbies and Extra Stuff

Good resurrection of a fun thread!

Lets see....

I am a budding bagpiper..havent been at it a year yet, but enjoying the heck out of it.

When its warm outside, I am an avid geocacher as well. Lots of fun, get to learn neat things about local towns, things even alot of locals may not know.

I enjoy hiking & camping as well.

I have a niece & two nephews who I spend as much time with as I can, and enjoy every moment of that.

I enjoy pubbing. Not getting drunk at pubs, but finding those nice, Irish style pubs, and just kinda taking in the atmosphere.

Let's see, hobbies and other nonsense...

Coffee!,bicycling, rock climbing, hiking, photography, swimming in really cold water, travel, watching live music, pubbing (for the social atmosphere, not to get sloshed), driving my Subaru Forester, watching football (soccer!) and hockey, counter-protesting (!), sitting at the top of mountain peaks with a beer enjoying the view, waxing philosophic, writing down those same stupid thoughts, kicking a footbag around with a group of friends, single malt scotch (I seem to prefer the Speysides), etc...

Hmmm...

Besides kilts...

Skydiving

Motorcycling

Aircraft

Airshows

Aircraft history & tech.

Music (listening, composition, recording/editing)

Movies

Computers (PC) and related items

Coaching soccer (ten seasons)

Online FPS gaming

Cooking

Woodworking

Scale model building (IPMS Master: 1/48 aircraft, 1/35 armor)

Puttering around house projects

and my favorite:

Raising my daughter

Can't believe I am just now finding this one...hmm.

I'm a single mom. my boy is pre-teen almost teen. So legos, star wars, batman and anything fun with the boy.

We like bowling and laughing and watching movies.

For me.. I bought a guitar a little over a year ago, it's an accoustic electric mix and yes, it's red. Wish it were an upright base, but money was an issue. LOL

work and raising my boy keeps me pretty busy and being so far from home and my dad keeps me from camping/hunting as much as I'd like.

I love road trips, and love jeeps, but currently have my family friendly xterra.

I love rockabilly music and I collect 1940's/50's era tattoo artist memorabilia and pinups.

I love WWII era nose art and anything aviation.

I love and live for music.

I crochet

I cook

I hang out here

I collect japanese art... <repros of course, can't afford a real Hiroshige>

I love Byron Birdsall and Georgia O'Keefe

I love to study native culture and I particularly love the art and folklore of the Pacific NW first nations.

I like fishing, not so much for the fishing, but for the water and the solitude.

hmm. what else...guess that's enough for now.

Cool... hobbies, they're what keeps me sane.

married to a beautiful Irish gal for 18 years now

I'm an ardent bow hunter and competitive archer

Reenactor- old northwest territory, F&I

Amateur Highland games competitor, I can't believe I'm the only one listing that

I build cedar strip kayaks and canoes

Camping

Sailing

pathetically trying to learn the pipes, if I could just get the bag inflated

leather working

anything that takes my mind off the 21st century

I'm married 11 awesome years, 6 of those with my beautiful little Scottish gurl. We call NW Georgia our home, awesome place to live.

Easter4.jpg

In a previous life I was a commo puke in a armored cav unit ( 1/11 ACR Fulda, GE), SF detachement ( for a week until they realized that I wasn't tabbed and didn't belong there), Airborne Infantry unit (HHC 1/509 INF ABN, Ft. Polk, LA).

In a pre-previous life I was born and raised just a little south of The Great White North, somewhere in the tundra of Michigan.

My PASSION in case you have never heard of me is wood, I love making dead lumber into prized possesions. God has blessed me with so many things and the ability to carve is one of them. He deserves the glory.

lets see My Profession as of yet is working in an ink production company.

My Hobbies are:

Computers

Electronics

Robotics

Reading

Writing

3d Design

jewelry Crafting

Blacksmithing

Armour Crafting

slight trial in glass blowing and glass heat forming

Fire breathing

Sewing

Knitting

Croucheting

Cross stitch

I like to play the jumble and Cryptograph in the newspapers everyday

Oh I also like to play D&D but no one to play with around here and MTG but the people who play around here are crazed and not the type of people you want to play.

I also make my own Honey Mead

Thats about it I think I might have more hobbies somewhere I've done a lot of stuff in my time I learn something new each time I get bored and I get bored easily

Why not chime in?

My name implies one of my hobbies, riding this bicycle:

vanguardlt.jpg

Or perhaps this one:

sideview1.jpg

(this was taken right after I built it...I've changed things a bit since then--it has a different seat, the handlebars are lower, but the paint scheme still compels me to ride faster!)

I contend that Anheuser-Busch does not make beer, let alone beer fit for human consumption. Same goes for Coors and Miller and all of their ilk.

I'm fond of walking in the woods, with or without my house for a few days strapped to my back.

Rock climbing can be fun as well.

Sweet ride. That looks mighty comfy.

Why not chime in?

My name implies one of my hobbies, riding this bicycle:

vanguardlt.jpg

Or perhaps this one:

sideview1.jpg

(this was taken right after I built it...I've changed things a bit since then--it has a different seat, the handlebars are lower, but the paint scheme still compels me to ride faster!)

I contend that Anheuser-Busch does not make beer, let alone beer fit for human consumption. Same goes for Coors and Miller and all of their ilk.

I'm fond of walking in the woods, with or without my house for a few days strapped to my back.

Rock climbing can be fun as well.

I’ve got two wee lasses (2 and 5) so I don’t have a lot of time for outside hobbies. However I do perform with an improv group about three times a month to keep me sane. I like sharp, pointy things, as well as “boomsticks.” I’m a scotch lover, but developing an appreciation for bourbon. I occasionally smoke a pipe, but don’t have much time to sit down and really enjoy it much anymore.

I do get some reading time in. I’m a HUGE fan of George MacDonald Fraser’s (R.I.P.) Flashman series, and am looking forward to reading some of his other works. I also like Neal Stephenson and Steven Brust.

As my girls get older and need less direct intervention supervision, I’m looking forward to including them on my old hobbies of biking, hiking and geocaching.

I sew.

I prefer the term "Needle Pimp"

I've made most of the stuff on my Duty belt. Battery case, phone pouch, flashlight pouch, glove and face mask pouch, baton pouch, and leatherman pouch. I also make alot of miltary/SWAT type stuff as well.

For example:

This pouch holds 6 AR-15 mags and 6 pitol mags (or phones, leathermans, flashlights, etc)

DSC04234.jpgDSC04240.jpg

DSC04235.jpgDSC04233.jpg

DSC04239.jpgDSC04232.jpg

I've also made two XKilts

One MARPAT and one black. I've also converted some jackets for kilt wear. (Black and tweed)

2959808140102627370S500x500Q85.jpg2035134020102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

2657936130102627370S500x500Q85.jpg

Continued...

Some sporrans

2490669240102627370S500x500Q85.jpg2210326230102627370S500x500Q85.jpg

2608674470102627370S500x500Q85.jpg2315058400102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

And the tools of the trade: "My SWEAT SHOP"

2394098290102627370S600x600Q85.jpg

Let's see... I read, sew, smoke cigars and am an amateur photographer.

Here's some of my work:

jessica.jpg

Jessica_1_small_bw.jpg

1210101936345.jpg

sweet pics! always glad to have another photo-hound with us!

sweet pics! always glad to have another photo-hound with us!

Thanks. I need to dig out my camera more, but school and kilts are keeping me tied up right now.

I sew.

I prefer the term "Needle Pimp"

i kind of like "stitch b*tch" myself. but that comes from being a mil brat. anyone need patches sewn on something? I'm wicked good. LOL

12Stones, great pics, is that your gf? She's gorgeous!!

12Stones, great pics, is that your gf? She's gorgeous!!

LOL. Thanks, Megs, but no, not my girlfriend. That girl (1st one) is half my age and is underage. And my girlfriend's much better looking (not that the model isn't gorgeous). 2nd girl's not either.

LOL. Thanks, Megs, but no, not my girlfriend. That girl (1st one) is half my age and is underage. And my girlfriend's much better looking (not that the model isn't gorgeous). 2nd girl's not either.

i need my eyes checked.. thought it was same girl different time period/angles... LOL

I know I've posted gardening photos somewhere here before, but hangit if I can't find them--

Anyways- a couple of updates on the garden hereabouts-

The hypertufa fountain- don't know if you can see it or not, but it's starting to grow moss around the edges- just what I was hoping for-

IM007153.jpg

IM007152.jpg

The brick planter out front along the walkway-

IM007155.jpg

IM007156.jpg

IM007157.jpg

IM007158.jpg

Gardens are a gift for the heart and soul- what comes from a tiny seed- what comes from the sun, soil, and eather- what is a good thing for our being- the coolness of life's art...

Here's some of my latest pics.

kaleigh2.jpg

Danielle1.jpg

man, you have a rough job!

man, you have a rough job!

It's not my job yet, but I'm working on it. While I love making kilts and sporrans, photography's my passion and eventually people will pay me for it.