Kilted-Marine

Botk Tartan Kilts

Am still interested.

So what happened to the "win-win trade-in program?" Is that off the table?

thought so

dude, it's not even been a week since he posted about trying to make it win-win. There have to be details and things to hash out between KT and FC, not to mention Mark just welcomed a new baby into the family. KT is working with the whole 'largest kilt' thing too at the moment. Patience man, KT still has to review the prototype, and then I think it may be another 8 weeks. No reason to expect every detail so quickly, even if you argue KT should be faster at it, it still slows down with Mark, for darn good reason.

Just so we are clear on the delay.. The tartan is finished this week.... I want KT to get a piece in his hand and say - it is good... I am not worried about the quality, I am worried about the color being correct

When I ship these kilts to folks they are going to be 101% perfect, KT Tested, KT Approved... The only exchanges I am going to worry about will be for size.

SO,, should these kilts be made to sett or stripe??????????

I'm intrested but please take your time. I've got a wedding to pay for next month!! :blink:

Just so we are clear on the delay.. The tartan is finished this week.... I want KT to get a piece in his hand and say - it is good... I am not worried about the quality, I am worried about the color being correct

When I ship these kilts to folks they are going to be 101% perfect, KT Tested, KT Approved... The only exchanges I am going to worry about will be for size.

SO,, should these kilts be made to sett or stripe??????????

Mark: Which are you planning to send KT? Pleated to the sett or stripe? I ask this to get a sense of what it will look when KT posts pics.

I'll post pics of what mark sends next to the original made when the tartan was registered for comparison. I will also compare to the POS material we got a year or so ago.

The review will be thorough and complete.

I'll post pics of what mark sends next to the original made when the tartan was registered for comparison. I will also compare to the POS material we got a year or so ago.

The review will be thorough and complete.

Hey, KT I am taking it that the POS material has nothing to do with Point of Sale..... :P

yes...you are correct. the original hand-woven tartan, mark's and the dyed burlap we got in the guise of a kilt.

dude, it's not even been a week since he posted about trying to make it win-win. There have to be details and things to hash out between KT and FC, not to mention Mark just welcomed a new baby into the family. KT is working with the whole 'largest kilt' thing too at the moment. Patience man, KT still has to review the prototype, and then I think it may be another 8 weeks. No reason to expect every detail so quickly, even if you argue KT should be faster at it, it still slows down with Mark, for darn good reason.

dude, see above. I was right: "The only exchanges I am going to worry about will be for size."

dude, see above. I was right: "The only exchanges I am going to worry about will be for size."

And you quoted Mark, not KT. Why should Mark do any more than that? He wasn't even a merchant here during the original fiasco. KT is the one that said he would work to make it Win-Win, NOT Mark.

Yes, that exchange deal is on me. I'm still working out the particulars in my head.

And you quoted Mark, not KT. Why should Mark do any more than that? He wasn't even a merchant here during the original fiasco. KT is the one that said he would work to make it Win-Win, NOT Mark.

Dude: "I was recently ask in a PM if I would consider doing some type of trade-in program for people that got the original BOTK tartan kilt." KM

Dude: "I was recently ask in a PM if I would consider doing some type of trade-in program for people that got the original BOTK tartan kilt." KM

that was from me. I need to get my side of the equation working so Mark isn't left holding the bag on the deal. Anything related to this should go through me.

I an only thank Mark and K.T. both for working on getting us a wearable kilt. I was one of the unfortunate ones who received one of the aforementioned kilts. I care less about a trade in as long as I can have a decent kilt made out of a tartan I can be proud to wear. i have dealt with Mark in the past with several items and have been pleased every time. I can not thank you guys enough PLEASE let me know when I can make my order. On another note I say we pleat it to stripe. I will ask that if he can that Mark show us a pic of both.

Thanks again,

John

I was recently ask in a PM if I would consider doing some type of trade-in program for people that got the original BOTK tartan kilt.

After being ask the question I put some thought into the idea........

I have to say - I can not see any scenario where I do not have a bunch of unsellable kilts sitting on my shelf. If I could work it out so it was a win win i would consider it...But about the only thing we could do would be to cut them up to make sashes, flashes, etc....

I'll send you a PM regarding this. I think I can help make this a win-win :)

that was from me. I need to get my side of the equation working so Mark isn't left holding the bag on the deal. Anything related to this should go through me.

no, but the full quote said he didn't see any way it could work, you added about 40 minutes later that you would try to think of a way to fix that.

no, but the full quote said he didn't see any way it could work, you added about 40 minutes later that you would try to think of a way to fix that.

I have full faith in KT, he has always come through one way or another. As Sathor has said I would let this all play out and I am sure things will be alright.

(I am thinking I will loosen the kilt straps, find the easy chair and hoist a cold one myself :D )

ive kept my mouth shut on this mostly because i became scarce around here right around the time of the first order and only got mine after i had pretty much stopped posting here (if i remember right) but i have to say that i do want a BOTK tartan kilt, but i dont wear tradition style, natural waisted, kilts. i wear mine casual and at p@nt$ waist. so i dont expect to get anything out of this new deal (but i still thank mark and kt whole heartedly for everything they are doing)but i would like to be kept in the know if there does turn out to be a way for me to get a p@nt$ waisted kilt in the BOTK tartan.

ive kept my mouth shut on this mostly because i became scarce around here right around the time of the first order and only got mine after i had pretty much stopped posting here (if i remember right) but i have to say that i do want a BOTK tartan kilt, but i dont wear tradition style, natural waisted, kilts. i wear mine casual and at p@nt$ waist. so i dont expect to get anything out of this new deal (but i still thank mark and kt whole heartedly for everything they are doing)but i would like to be kept in the know if there does turn out to be a way for me to get a p@nt$ waisted kilt in the BOTK tartan.

hmm...so basically the waist on the kilt is at the hip and not navel, and measures from the hip to kneee instead of navel to knee? Sounds like just a sizing issues.

what exactly does the BotK tartan look like? Is there a link to an image somewhere?

what exactly does the BotK tartan look like? Is there a link to an image somewhere?

The tartan is the background for the banner at the top of the page.

While I do want one, I'm going to wait until I get down to my target weight first and have it stabilzed.

Hopefully there will be some available otherwise I'll have to wait until the next order comes around.

Well I will buy one once I hear that all is a go!

The tartan is the background for the banner at the top of the page.

Thank you.