Sign in to follow this  
Des804

Wip Whittling Knives

Forged a Chip Cutting and a simple WHitting knife.. I just need to heat treat them and then put handles on them next time I get to the shop to do so. One handle will probably be made out of wood that other one will probably just be leather lace handle.

wip_forged_whittling_knives_by_des804-d426ixx.jpg

Made from High Carbon Steel sorry for the bad photo I took it from my cell phone the finished pieces will be taken with a camera.

Cool!

Looking good. It's a satisfying feeling, isn't it?

Well its a satisfying feeling whenever Im hitting Hot Metal.. Its not a good feeling when someones hitting a piece that's burnt at the end and a piece flies off while still About White hot and it gets stuck into your arm and wont come out..But the rest is good.. My Upcoming Plans for when I get to the shop are Some Leather Round Knives, some more Marlingspikes, a Backscratcher made from a RR spike, a Sword Made from a Leaf Spring, an incense Cone / Charcoal holding dish, a few more knives, and a whole lot of other stuff that pops into my head.. Im just glad to be getting back into it after all of this time not forging ( I had to sell my stuff to make money cause Im still out of work ).

Nice, Brother. Let me know when you go to making marlinspikes. I need me a new one.