Sign in to follow this  
KT

Hurricane Checkin

For those on the east coast, please check in, My Family is right on the water in mass, so I know your worries.

( also, if it is safe and you have any good pics, please post them! )

Just windy and wet here, more wet. The media has done a fantastic job of scaring the bejeezus out of everyone for a CAT 1 storm.

So far, the forecast is rain, Sunday.

Looks like we're on the fringe of it.

Saturday afternoon,wet and breezy here at the Beach with a good sea swell.All the news upheaval is to get everyone(not me)to will run out to lowes and over buy junk they don't need,its just a way to keep Jimmy Johnson's nascar runnin,We're fans to Keven Harvic and Dale E-Jr and I know they don't drive for lowes.

So far nothing but rain.

Just wet so far, will let you know tomorrow

Left Boston at 0730 today, hit on/off heavy rain in SW CT and again in NY. Not much through PA, arriving in State College where it was dry. Dad had to evacuate his house in Lewes, DE. Few tornado sirens, one touch down (not pig skin), all OK so far.

Wasn't to bad here, no loss of power or anything. Getting to go in to work 3hrs late, but not sure if it means I lose those hours or not...

Sunday mornin-no damage or power loss here I'm just a few miles from the beach in Virginia,We hope Everyone made out as well as we did.

Quinn is doing search and rescue in the living room with his police helicopter. If you are stranded on your roof in my living room, be patient, he is coming.

Was at my brother's & niece's places, in Harrisburg, Sat night/Sunday.

No noticeable flooding, but ground saturation, combined with wind,

downed a lot of trees.

My brother & niece were without power, as of Monday morning.

Once we got back home, no noticeable damage whatsoever.

I live appox 6 miles from the point of landfall in NJ, but I slept through it. Only damage was a fallen tree back in our small wooded lot

My brother still does not have power, as of Thurs. 9-1.

He's an engineer, for PA Dept. of Transportation; his unit is charged with the construction & care of all state-owned bridges, in PA.

He texted me, Tuesday... apparently they had to go "find" 2 bridges, in the Scranton area, that disappeared, during the storm. (That area got 14" of rain, Saturday night)

The bridges were not located, just the empty chasms that they once spanned. :blink:

(I live 60 miles south of him... we received 0 damage)