Kilted-Marine

Somebody Wants To Buy The Frugal Corner

Received an unsolicited communication today from somebody that is interested in buying the company. It might be an interesting turn of events, it would be a great way for another Kilt company to increase their market share, customer base, and revenue.

This is out of the blue so we have not thought a lot about it yet but it is interesting - to say the least......

like someone well established, or someone that wants a shortcut into the biz?

Now, I do remember that at one time, there was a partner in your business that you ended up buying out, correct?

I understand the concept of enjoying the money, and it would be hard to turn down a worthy amount. At the same time, is it a place with the same quality as you?

For example:

if SWK bought FC, and replaced their cheaper line with your better kilts, I would miss FC, but it wouldn't be a loss per se.

if Rocky (usa kilts) bought you, it would seem less ideal, but not outright bad, i think. (but he is a bit higher priced I think than I would like, and doesn't seem a good fit.)

if GotKilt bought you out, and adapted their business to your sight, it MIGHT be a good thing. (I know he has bugs to work out, don't the buy wholesale from you?)

if Gold Bros bought you out, well f that.

if KT wanted to buy you out, well, that would be a bit odd, but hey, XMTS was taken over by one of it's vendors...

In the end, I'm sure there are good reasons not to say where the offer came from, but there are other aspects of life that matter. If you sell, then what. What do you do after that? Is there a plan B (or c?) Do you get pension from the military? Are you ready to admit 'retirement' ?

quote name='Sathor' timestamp='1316615517' post='217380']

In the end, I'm sure there are good reasons not to say where the offer came from, but there are other aspects of life that matter. If you sell, then what. What do you do after that? Is there a plan B (or c?) Do you get pension from the military? Are you ready to admit 'retirement' ?

Those were pretty close to the same questions I had. If nothing else, I would take it as a compliment that someone would be

interested in buying the business, however; I would be very cautious about it.

Mark,

Congrat's on the offer. Whether you consider it or not it says something about your business that an outside party has expressed interest. My opinion is this:

I own a Frugal Corner Heavyweight. I purchased this kilt because of the owner I got to know on this forum and how I perceived him to run his business. I may not always agree with his politics ( :P ) but I have found him to be a stand up guy who delivers a great product at a great price. I guess what I am saying is that I (and others at least on here I am guessing) buy from Mark Wright and not necessarily Frugal Corner.

Because I did 12 active in the Marines and 9 in the National Guard I do not get my retirement until I turn 60. I am only 49 right now so would do something else. There are a few other things I have thought about doing BUT regardless I think it would have to be something that allowed me to be self employed.

I do have to say it would be very hard to walk away from something that has generated enough income to support my family, Allowed me to meet some excellent people, let me travel to lots of states and talk to lots of people, and allowed me to make MOST people happy.

I sort of pictured myself doing this for a long time.

Mark,

I guess what I am saying is that I (and others at least on here I am guessing) buy from Mark Wright and not necessarily Frugal Corner.

For me, this hits the nail right on the head. Finances haven't let me buy from you yet, but I'll be buying from a bloke I met & got to admire here, not the company. A company is only a name, it's ethic & reputation is purely the owner.

For me, this hits the nail right on the head. Finances haven't let me buy from you yet, but I'll be buying from a bloke I met & got to admire here, not the company. A company is only a name, it's ethic & reputation is purely the owner.

Bingo.

My purchase experiences, with you, in the past have been most pleasant.

Why be scared? Even if we sell the business, not much would change for the past, present, or future customer.

a little jaded from past sold-companies issues w/ past supplies, that's all. I hope you knock this out of the park!

Amazing! I never dreamed there was money to be made in the kilt selling business. So many have faded away over the years.

Amazing! I never dreamed there was money to be made in the kilt selling business. So many have faded away over the years.

It is both fun and profitable, and at times very entertaining.... I am very happy doing what I am doing... But there are other things I would like to try my hand at... If the money is right to sell...