Kilted-Marine

Opinions Wanted About Selling The Business

So Here is the question

As mentioned before, we have been approached about selling the business... We now have a number on the table (But no solid agreement)

Should I approach any of the other U.S. Based kilt companies and see if they are interested??

I would if I were you. You have a solid brand, good customer base and great reputation in my opinion. Paying higher customs fees sucks, so if I can get frugal corner stuff here in the states I'd love to.

I agree with KT, that it would be a good idea to check to see if there is any interest from US based companies. If the party who is interested in buying your business is not American, as a customer I'd be concerned regarding their shipping fees and customer service in regards to returning items.

The people interested in buying are located in North America

I would not sell it to a company outside U.S./Canada

if the deal is good for you and your family, go for it. What the purchaser does with the company is on them, and you won't be the one having to deal with problems they create if any.

I hope you have something else to occupy your time with :)

would the new owner keep it as a BOTK merchant, are they already a merchant? Would the new owner honer the wholesale accounts you have with others? (I know it's been mentioned that you sell to at least one other merchant as a wholesaler, then again, I could see one of the lower accounts wanting to step up, there is more honor in buying their supplier than to change suppliers to what their supplier was using.)

would the new owner keep it as a BOTK merchant, are they already a merchant? Would the new owner honer the wholesale accounts you have with others? (I know it's been mentioned that you sell to at least one other merchant as a wholesaler, then again, I could see one of the lower accounts wanting to step up, there is more honor in buying their supplier than to change suppliers to what their supplier was using.)

If the sale does go through I will address merchant status with the new owners.

I would highly recommend they stay as a BoTK merchant

I do not know about honoring wholesale accounts - From past conversations they are anti-wholesale.

Mark,

As mentioned previously, do what you think is best for you and your family. I know you have put a lot of yourself into the FC, but if the time and money are right for you to walk away then I think your decision should be an easy one.

Good luck no matter what your decision.

-Pete

Mark,

As mentioned previously, do what you think is best for you and your family. I know you have put a lot of yourself into the FC, but if the time and money are right for you to walk away then I think your decision should be an easy one.

Good luck no matter what your decision.

-Pete

It is interesting (To Me) that we get an inquiry about buying the business just about the same time that we find out that a local church is looking for a pastor - and can not find one within their domination and are getting ready to start looking outside...

We (my wife and I) are considering a lot of things and we shall see which doors get swung open and which doors get closed

It is interesting (To Me) that we get an inquiry about buying the business just about the same time that we find out that a local church is looking for a pastor - and can not find one within their domination and are getting ready to start looking outside...

We (my wife and I) are considering a lot of things and we shall see which doors get swung open and which doors get closed

it really is amazing what opportunities present themselves once you open that first door. Things like this happen to me all the time, although not as life-changing as yours. One such event lead to the eventual creation of this Brotherhood!

I would hate to lose you as a merchant. But, as stated before, it is a decision that ultimately only you can make. I know that you will do what you think is best. You will have our good thoughts and prayers.

Mark(Marine):Look at it like getting transferred,keeping the

Military Kilt pins in your sea-bag to use,and take on a new Unit/career.