KT

Kilt Plans For The Weekend?

What are you plans for the weekend?

I'll be putzing around in my utilikilt, maybe hit the aquarium or random wanderings through huge stores. Nothing spectacular planned.

Are you doing anything fun in your kilt this weekend?

Seven Rivers Kilt Night Saturday night

Fun ( kilted )= NRA RSO Training

Not fun (kilted ) = a funeral

Puffer

Setup for Oktoberfest later this week. Not any other kilts out here.

Setup for Oktoberfest later this week. Not any other kilts out here.

I drove past earlier today w/ the kids. there were two kilts onsite :)

Going hunting this weekend. While hunting I will not be kilted (although a Realtree APG kilt would be awesome) I will be kilted after the morning hunts. We will be working on part of the lease and will be going into town that is by the lease.

I'll have my father-in-law snap some pics of me out in the field in my kilt.

Wedding Saturday.

Bride insisted I attend kilted.

Much partying expected, afterward.

Anger Damagement will be recording and the guitarist/singer (me) will be kilted......while I'm at it I can snap a picture with my membership card.......also kilted Sunday for the Packers game at Henry's hi-life.......GO PACK, crush the viqueens!!!!!!!

Birthday weekend for me. Its on Sunday but I may go out Sat (kilted of course-hope its warm) and see how many free drinks I can score.

Driver Education unkilted on Saturday. My wife's birthday is the 29th and she wants to go to the Olive Garden restaurant with the family and no kilt. On Sunday if the weather permits I will be tuning up the car wearing a kilt.

Friday and Saturday during the day will be repairing the girlfriends stockade fence. The Sportkilt will be fine for that because I won't be upset if it gets snagged, dirty or torn.

Saturday night we're going to the Riverkings hockey game. (Yes there is hockey in the South!!) Perfect opportunity to wear my Confederate Memorial.

Saturday wedding anniversary. Going to a movie festival in Erie, PA... Hopefully get to meet some of the guys from Boondock Saints!

Kilted at work most of the time. Howl-o-ween party this weekend, and costume has not yet been decided. Unbifurcated is almost certain. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Could be a bit racier than the construction worker get up I tossed together in about ten minutes last year (I keep a hard hat on hand, along with safety glasses, hearing protection and such). Added some reflective tape to the hard hat, added a reflective vest, wore work boots and a flannel shirt with my UK Workmans.

I take my weekend on Monday & Tuesday, & this Mondaymy mate is getting married. He's an Army Warrant Officer 1 (Different rank to your Warrant Officers, being basically the personnel pool for Regimental Sgt-Major)& although he's being married in Mess Dress, I'm in the Honour Guard: Formally kilted, Army cavalry sabres, the whole lot.

Saturday morning mens prayer and B.S. meeting,(if you attended our church, you would understand ). Playing acoustic guitar on the worship team Sunday,(unkilted, as not to be a distraction). Halloween night, we're doing a trunk party in the church parking lot. I will be a pirate... Kilted, of coarse.

I twisted balloons at a halloween party at a spa for hair cuts and massages.

I take my weekend on Monday & Tuesday, & this Mondaymy mate is getting married. He's an Army Warrant Officer 1.

Red got out of wearing Mess Dress, & did the job in his Pollies. He's only been back from Afghanistan a month Just a note on his Gongs: Aussies dont wear unit citations, so those are all his. Red commands a tank squadron for a living, & is an awesome drummer (He once jammed with Pink Floyd for a day). He is a former side drummer with Nunawading City Pipe Band. After the Padre had done the legal thing, Joe did a handfasting for them, complete with the Blood Covenant. I know I shouldn't have a belt on with a Charlie, but I was wearing both a dirk & a sword, so there was really not much option.

I have some more photos coming from the photographer, but here's a couple for now.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1979041770232&l=7014e59a6b

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1979045850334&l=0a593afeb1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1979049050414&l=3984d2d078

Went to a Chinese restaurant that I've been wanting to try, and my parents offered to take me and my wife out, so i put on my McLeod of Harris kilt and a nice shirt with my kilt hose and went and had a great dinner. Even the owner complimented me on my "uniform" as she called it.

A little grocery shoppping and getting gas for the next week.

Going into Houston to take my wife out for her birthday. we will be going downtown and all around. I'm not sure which kilt i should wear. My Texas Bluebonnet, McLeod of Harris, Black Watch, or my sport kilt Team Kilt with McLeod of Lewis.

Most likely a for a run to the store for food and gas. Maybe a little other shopping.

Sunday(Nov 13) - Kirkin' O' Th' Tartan - Knox Presbyterian Church Norfolk VA.

During days of the Act of Proscription, when the wearing of the kilt was banned in the Highlands – according to the legend, Highlanders hid pieces of tartan and brought them to church to be secretly blessed at a particular point in the service. American/Scottish church service,started during WWII by Rev. Marshal to revive the tradition.

(Copied from 'The Kirkin of the Tartan Tradition' by Todd Wilkinson)