Sign in to follow this  
KT

Does It Matter That Today Is 111111?

woke up....Quinn Dressed, Addison tanrtum, Quinn to school.

Now I'm working.

same as yesterday

same as monday.

anything special at all?

( was referring to the numbers, not veterans day...I hope I didn't offend any of our military folks :( )

The fact that today is 11/11/11 isn't really important to me,however; the fact that today is Veteran' Day is!!! Happy Veterans Day to all who served and a big THANKYOU for your service! :violent-smiley-089:

Well in the UK we remember armistice day (end of ww1 officially)

I cringe at this every year personally. WW1 could and should have finished in October. Fat assed politicians decided it would be better to keep the war going till 11/11 so they would have a great date, for what was called the great war.

Thousands of relatives lost their loved ones, so we could all wave a flag today, rather in October. Seeing as a lot of service men were killed up until 11/111918. Personally I see it as an abomination, since I see no sense in killing your own troops to make a political point.

Imagine if they did that in Afghanistan and kept your sons over there simply to have a remember able date. Worse imagine your children dying for a number having won the war. Today holds little joy in my own opinion. Dying for your country or cause is one thing, for a easy date to remember in a history book...No.

Well in the UK we remember armistice day (end of ww1 officially)

I cringe at this every year personally. WW1 could and should have finished in October. Fat assed politicians decided it would be better to keep the war going till 11/11 so they would have a great date, for what was called the great war.

Thousands of relatives lost their loved ones, so we could all wave a flag today, rather in October. Seeing as a lot of service men were killed up until 11/111918. Personally I see it as an abomination, since I see no sense in killing your own troops to make a political point.

Imagine if they did that in Afghanistan and kept your sons over there simply to have a remember able date. Worse imagine your children dying for a number having won the war. Today holds little joy in my own opinion. Dying for your country or cause is one thing, for a easy date to remember in a history book...No.

My grand-uncle was killed about three days before 11/11/1918. You are right that it was horrific that people died after peace was decided

( was referring to the numbers, not veterans day...I hope I didn't offend any of our military folks :( )

Yes.

next question...