KT

Honored Members of the Brotherhood

These fine folks have gone well above and beyond the call of duty, and in some way have worked hard to advance the Brotherhood!

They have all earned memberhship into the Legion of Wild Haggis Hunters...the Brotherhood Elite!

(certificates will be mailed as soon as I get the graphics from kaseyart)

IEScotsman

Amator

Wages

High Gear

Kaseyart

Furrycelt, the Red Wookie

Megs

ButlerGal

Dreadbelly

(Edited by Wages, to add newer members)

HaggisHuntersLogo-tartan.jpg

Any special shirts?

THAT would LOOK COOL on an embroidered shirt (or patch)!

it is in the works...

Legion of the Wild Haggis Hunters...that ought to make a fine addition to the wall!

Thanks KT.

Something well earned by all of them. Congrats!

Why is KT's name not at the top of that list?

Why is KT's name not at the top of that list?

I prefer the Haggis not know I'm hunting them. The legion is a diversion...when the haggis try to run the other way, I'll be standing there with a big net and flask to catch them all! (rumor has it that Islay single malt is the best bait for catching haggis alive...while highland single malt is perfect for masking the scent of any hunter, as the haggis cannot distinguish between highland single malt and themselves!)

muhahahaha!!!!

We can borrow Dread's needles and set a tiger trap type thing for them.

Given the rapid growth of the Order of Wild Haggis Hunters I'd like to present some recommendations regarding the administration of the Member of Honor section of our forum. As the forum grows and as the number of Members of Honor increases it will become more and more likely that visitors and new members will not personally know our MoH's. It will also be more likely that there will be more and more nominations of people known by a smaller and smaller percentage of our membership. To keep the MoH a legitimate honor it will be necessary to do a few things:

1. A committee should be established to consider Members of Honor.

2. Nominations should be made privately to that committee and/or by that committee.

3. Nominations should include a narrative that describes the specific reasons the nomination was made.

4. A narrative should be included in the announcement so that all will know why the honor was bestowed.

5. A pinned topic should be established that lists the MoH's along with the announcement narratives.

As it is now anyone can nominate an MoH on the open forum. It is unlikely that anyone will vote against the nominee and, in fact, one risks looking the ass if they even question it ... this smacks of a popularity group rather than an Honor group. At present we have a group of MoH's that are well known and certainly not in dispute, yet even I don't know exactly why each one is an MoH, at least not by the standards currently listed.

It may be beneficial to make the MoH seperate from the Order of Wild Haggis Hunters. The OoWH2 could continue on in exactly the fashion we have become accoustomed to, it's fun and popular with the forum. The OoWH2, seperated from the MoH, would allow a way to honor those who make the forum more fun, help members in need, or otherwise keep the forum robust and humming. There are lots of folks who should be in the OoWH2, Dread comes to mind as an example.

Respectfully submitted,

Chris Webb

Chris, good idea. I think the existing members should make up the commitee.

the Legion of Wild Haggis Hunters is the name given to the members of honor to make it something fun without reducing the greatness of the honor bestowed.

I'll see what I can do about making this happen.

thanks for the ideas.

Given the rapid growth of the Order of Wild Haggis Hunters I'd like to present some recommendations regarding the administration of the Member of Honor section of our forum. As the forum grows and as the number of Members of Honor increases it will become more and more likely that visitors and new members will not personally know our MoH's. It will also be more likely that there will be more and more nominations of people known by a smaller and smaller percentage of our membership. To keep the MoH a legitimate honor it will be necessary to do a few things:

1. A committee should be established to consider Members of Honor.

2. Nominations should be made privately to that committee and/or by that committee.

3. Nominations should include a narrative that describes the specific reasons the nomination was made.

4. A narrative should be included in the announcement so that all will know why the honor was bestowed.

5. A pinned topic should be established that lists the MoH's along with the announcement narratives.

As it is now anyone can nominate an MoH on the open forum. It is unlikely that anyone will vote against the nominee and, in fact, one risks looking the ass if they even question it ... this smacks of a popularity group rather than an Honor group. At present we have a group of MoH's that are well known and certainly not in dispute, yet even I don't know exactly why each one is an MoH, at least not by the standards currently listed.

It may be beneficial to make the MoH seperate from the Order of Wild Haggis Hunters. The OoWH2 could continue on in exactly the fashion we have become accoustomed to, it's fun and popular with the forum. The OoWH2, seperated from the MoH, would allow a way to honor those who make the forum more fun, help members in need, or otherwise keep the forum robust and humming. There are lots of folks who should be in the OoWH2, Dread comes to mind as an example.

Respectfully submitted,

Chris Webb

I think this is a really good idea... not because I got nominated, but because no one really had the opportunity to privately speak against it if they disagreed. Plus since something I was nominated for was a somewhat anonymous thing... then no one knows if it was merited or not... I'd even be willing to wait until the committee decided before tacking on a logo. Great Idea Chris!

I think this is a really good idea... not because I got nominated, but because no one really had the opportunity to privately speak against it if they disagreed. Plus since something I was nominated for was a somewhat anonymous thing... then no one knows if it was merited or not... I'd even be willing to wait until the committee decided before tacking on a logo. Great Idea Chris!

Thanks, Megs.

Enough of us know what you did to be sure that you deserve to be on that list, same goes for everyone else on there now. KT wants the current members to make up the committee, I'd recommend you to be the Chairman. You have a heart that allows you to look out amongst us all, see past our differences and recognize service to the Brotherhood that would go unnoticed by most others.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

Good idea.

Now, to figure out HOW to handle that . . .

Off to the Batcave!

Sounds like a good way to handle it.

ok...The process is going to change. I'll post about it when I figure it out...

Sounds good. I agree that there should be a way to privately dispute a nomination. I agreed whole-heartedly with the current members, but I can see problems cropping up in the future. I'm glad this is going to be dealt with now, before a problem crops up.

***uses to Force to see what other cool things we can do to make the Brotherhood better BEFORE there is a problem***

I'll call Scotland and let them know to increase scotch production, as the Brotherhood is going to grow a LOT, and we need scotch!

• Like 1

Thanks, Megs.

Enough of us know what you did to be sure that you deserve to be on that list, same goes for everyone else on there now. KT wants the current members to make up the committee, I'd recommend you to be the Chairman. You have a heart that allows you to look out amongst us all, see past our differences and recognize service to the Brotherhood that would go unnoticed by most others.

Kilt ON!

Chris Webb

Those were both great ideas!

Delegate KT, delegate!

woohoo i'm lucky #7 and the first chica... so how do i get my fancy logo?

Is this faction of The Brotherhood dead?

I hope it isn't, I just think that it's been slow for a new one to appear...

You know I was just thinking about this the other day and was going to say something to KT about it..