Brotherhood of the Kilt - www.KiltsRock.com Tactikilt From The Limb Woodcarving Wyvern Leather Works - www.wyvernleatherworks.com

Photo

Ut Kilts?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Fueco

Fueco

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hey all,

I've been away from the forum for a while (okay, a few years...). I'm getting back towards kilting now that my regular kilt fits again (I gained some weight and have lost it recently).

Anyway, to the point... I'm thinking of getting a "modern kilt" in a plain color. After doing a bit of research, there's what I want (a Utilikilt Original) and what I can afford (most others). I stumbled across a maker that sells modern kilts on Ebay and also through their web store, but can't find anything in this forum about them.

Has anyone heard good or bad things about UT Kilts?

http://www.utkilts.com/

#2 Piipriker

Piipriker

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

Hej Fueco,

they even have their own board in here:
http://www.kiltsrock...um/103-utkilts/

hejdå Jörg (Seòrsa from Clan MacLately)

$> cd /pub/
$> more beer

In York a bar is not a pub, because a bar is a gate and a gate is a street

q

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Piipriker

eichelberger.gifdaft1.gifiss.gif

#3 Sathor

Sathor
  • Interests:Hot Sauces, Photography, Cycling

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Depending on when you left, you'd remember UT Kilts as Lythgoe Sporrans. (Saddly, I don't think he makes the sporrans anymore, I didn't get a skunk one when I had the chance)

#4 Catdad

Catdad

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

Someplace on this forum, I have review posted on UT Kilts. Bryce is excellent to work with and ships out priority mail so you'll get receive your order very quickly. He's got good modern kilts at very reasonable prices. The only "bad" thing I can say about his modern kilts is if you get a black one, stay away from white cats. :cat:
When God created men, he made the intelligent ones kilted so women could tell just by looking.

#5 KT

KT

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:53 AM

I've got a pair of his kilts. They are now in my full modern-rotation w/ my UK. I am very happy with them.

here is his forum here. You will loads of great reviews.

http://www.kiltsrock...um/103-utkilts/

KT
Founder,
Brotherhood of the Kilt

#6 Lonnie Cox

Lonnie Cox

Kilt Apprentice

• Member of the Brotherhood
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have one of his kilts. It great for a every day kick about, work on the house, or just running around. In colder weather it not as nice as a heavier fabric. but I still wear it more then my others.
Posted Image

#7 Fueco

Fueco

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thanks for the replies all. I tried the search function at the top of the page and didn't get any results. I'll keep the good reviews in mind: I suppose it's a good thing our cats are not white! But the reddish fur will show I'm sure. No kittles on the kilted lap, eh?

#8 det_morson

det_morson

Kilted Contributor

• Forum Contributor
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I have a UT as well and I'll second the issue about a black kilt and white cats or in my case a red dog. I'm new to wearing a kilt but I put a UT as a day to day knock about kilt, price wise its not much more than a pair of 501's so I'm not super paranoid when im wearing it out and about

#9 Fueco

Fueco

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

I finally got around to ordering my UT Kilt. I like it so far... I'll be wearing it out and about tomorrow. There's a picture below of me posing for the camera...

I also order a Utilikilt Mocker off of Ebay. It has a slight defect, it's missing one of the snaps on the front apron. But I have a friend who runs an embroidery shop who has access to catalogs of that sort of thing. I should be able to fix it pretty easily and cheaply. I'm looking forward to this one too... I've been lusting after one since the first time I saw my friend wearing one about 6 years ago...

Posted Image

#10 Sathor

Sathor

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

I finally got around to ordering my UT Kilt. I like it so far... I'll be wearing it out and about tomorrow. There's a picture below of me posing for the camera...

I also order a Utilikilt Mocker off of Ebay. It has a slight defect, it's missing one of the snaps on the front apron. But I have a friend who runs an embroidery shop who has access to catalogs of that sort of thing. I should be able to fix it pretty easily and cheaply. I'm looking forward to this one too... I've been lusting after one since the first time I saw my friend wearing one about 6 years ago...

Posted Image

mine has 5 vestigial 'snaps' on the front that I am not seeing on yours. Also, are your accents brass or silver?

#11 Fueco

Fueco

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

The picture is the basic UT Kilt. I chose the cheaper option because I wasn't sure how I'd like the fabric.

I should get the Utilikilit early next week. I'll post a pic of that one after I get it.

#12 mhunk1988

mhunk1988

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

good review I have been looking at UT and this has helped a lot
pruthd1956

#13 lemurfist

lemurfist

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'll order from them soon as I have a member number from KT.

#14 knappetak

knappetak

Recently Enlightened

• Forum User
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Has anyone tried their Tartan based Kilts? I noticed they are Acryllic and have not read of wonderful stuff with Acryllic...

#15 Hilon

Hilon

Recently Enlightened

• Forum User
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

How do you get the 10% off when you order?

Do you still get that for being in the Brotherhood?

#16 NorseCelt

NorseCelt

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

To get the 10% discount, oyu need to be a paid member of the Brotherhood. After you join, you'll get the information for the discount.

#17 Sathor

Sathor

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

You have to email Bryce, I think. I don't think there is a central database anymore, the old code got out 'into the wild' so...

#18 Lythgoe

Lythgoe

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Please send me a PM so I can get you the code for the 10 percent of clearance.  Remember the 10 percent off everything is for the paid membership.

#19 mike3517

mike3517

Recently Enlightened

• Brother for Life
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

Brice,

Just wanted to say thanks, the sporran that I ordered was great and I haven't found any of the scratches or dents.

#20 rgsoundguy

rgsoundguy
  • Interests:Quality time with family, music, political debate, Philadelphia sports fan.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Has anybody had any experience with their acrylic tartan kilts?  How would they compare to somebody like Sport Kilt?  How well do the pleats keep? 

Welsh heritage
"You look like a clown in that stupid jacket (skirt)."

"This is a snake skin jacket (kilt). And for me, it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom."

The "Brotherhood of the Kilt" logo is a registered trademark of SimpleSage, LLC, and may not be used without express written permission.
This website and all its contents © 2005-2012 SimpleSage, LLC and/or the original poster unless otherwise noted. All Rights Reserved.