Lythgoe

Your Favorite Shoes To Wear With A Traditional Kilt

I am hoping I can get a few of you to post some pics of the shoes you like to wear the most while wearing your traditional kilt. I am not thinking of the shoes you wear while you are hiking or at a formal function. Just your everyday shoes you would wear if you went out shopping or out to a restaurant (which, I admit, could be what you wear hiking or to a formal function). I have tried to wear shoes other than my black dress shoes, but it just does not feel right for some reason (unless I am going to a formal function). I would love to see what all of you wear!

Brice

Doc Martins, no pics, I don't like to be on that side of the camera

When I do wear shoes I switch between boat shoes and clogs to sneekers.

I have Ox blood red DM's that I wear with my Wallace Kilts (reds mostly) They are comfy and match well with the casual comfy look. 90% of the time my normal footwear. On about 6th pair at present as I love them and I am a creature of habit.

I tend to wear more formal with my Irish Kilts Brogues etc. For some reason I do not like wearing family ones for formal functions. (obviously for family weddings etc) but have a black pair of DM's for pratting about in. Also I have some light trainers for the holidays in black. Easier to cart about.

Most of the time I just wear a black or tan work boot with 6" uppers or if it a little nice then I have a pair of black sketchers low cut "doc knock offs"_DSC0020.jpg[/img]

Black Doc Marten's mostly, sometimes brown el-cheapo workboots.

Either tan hiking boots (timberland) or oxblood gettagrips (like steelcap docs with a combat sole)

I usually just wear black hiking boots or black reeboks. Sometimes i even wear sandals, just be confortable in an every day situation

I wear my all black Nike's or my my Rugged Outback boots which look pretty close to Lonnie's boots. I'm hoping to one day afford a pair of 7 button high Sodhoppers which will then become my official kilt boot.

Well, if I was dressing up, I'd probably just wear my regular dress shoes. If not, I'll stick with my Vibram Fivefingers or Tevas sandals...

Black linemans boots. (check the avatar pic) w/ kilt hose folded down over the top. I just ordered a pair of 8" converse tactical boots ( http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/net/cb/mens-converse-tactical-boots-black.aspx?a=490836 ) that may be a good casual shoe for me.

A pair of black tactical boots, with slouch hose,

or matte-black oxfords, with a "work-tread", with traditional hose.

Of course, when the temp & humidity gets into the sauna levels, I tend to go barefoot or with simple leather sandals.

sorry, no pix (photos of myself have been known to frighten small children, and keep mosquitoes away)

I used to prefer my Docs, too. Now I wear some brown Teva semi-sneakers with Vibram soles. They honestly don't really go with most of my kilts that well. However, they were purchased because of the leg braces. Figured if I was re-learning walking during a New England fall, something with traction I could properly get into was wise.

I have Ox blood red DM's that I wear with my Wallace Kilts (reds mostly) They are comfy and match well with the casual comfy look. 90% of the time my normal footwear. On about 6th pair at present as I love them and I am a creature of habit.

Same here. Have a pair of the ox blood 8-eyelet DM 1460s (these ones). Went with a friend's suggestion and got the "Made in the UK" version, which are a bit more expensive than the ones made in (I think) Thailand but better leather. Didn't even have the normal infamous DM breaking in pain. They go well with my current kilt and a pair of black kilt hose.

Thinking about getting a pair of black ones too, probably the 10-eyelet 1490s. DM is also now making a "brogued" boot which probably would look pretty good.

Don't have any other shoes (besides my ghillie brogues) which go with the kilt IMO. Most of the time I just wear Vans slip-ons or sandals when I'm not in uniform.

I wear my Rocky duty boots. Comfy and stylish. Or soemtimes during the summer I wear my Tevas. I want a nice pair of boots that are a little taller than my duty boots, but I haven't found any I like yet.

Doc Martins chewed up by my pit bull and still stomping!

I saw a retail version of jungel boots in stores that I was thinking about getting that had a plaid insert with a worn apperance. I may just get a pair of the old green jungle boots. Can't be beat!

Teva sandals

Tactical Boots

Brogans Black Highly shined.

I have a pair of brown cap-toe oxfords that are fairly comfy. No reason for my size-12EEEE feet to be unhappy if I'm in semi-fancy clothes.

I've also been known to wear Vibram Five-Fingers with just about any kilt in my collection...

A pair of Keen hikers (black/grey), Five-Fingers (black), leather sandals (brown), or barefoot.