Drac

Casual Bog Oak Sgain (Artificer Model)

Evening all,

After the failure of the dress sgain I went with a couple casual ones. These next couple coming out of the shop are based on Artificer's design. Very basic with just a touch of filework.

First one is a bog oak -

bogoak01.jpg

And that touch of file work -

bogoak02.jpg

These are a bit heavier than normal as I was trying out 304 stainless for the bolsters. I've got to go back to 416. I forgot why I stopped using 304 but have quickly remembered. The color of the pins always show.

Sweet indeed! I'm also thrilled that I have a model named after me ;)

Here's mine that Drac made.

artificer1.jpg

For reference HERE is the thread where my little beauty is first revealed.

Thanks gents.

This one is a bit heavier than yours Scott. I made it with 1/8" blade stock vs the 3/32" of yours. With that and the thicker bolsters it is a bit heavier. Also put a heavy working edge so this one is a "user."

The next one will be just as heavy. I will see how these go vs the more dressier ones. I figure that most people will not be to interested in a sqain as a everyday carry but we'll see.

Jim

I would love to be able to afford one to carry everyday.

I do carry a Cold Steel, Brave Heart every day now.

Those are some Sweet Blades and I love the look.

love 'em!

You do beautiful work, my friend!

I really like this basic approach and the bog oak is ideal for that. i have a sgian with bog oak myself. One of these days I have finally to get a pipe made of this wood.

And then a sgian with briar. A friend just ordered one with briar from the french lad, that i got my other knife from.

Finished up the sheath. Went well -

bogoak03.jpg

bogoak04.jpg

Big aggrivation is I can't find my stencils to put my name on the blade. May have to wait until I get back to order some/

Jim

A beautiful piece!

Gorgeous stuff. I need to get on this side of things.

WONDERFUL Blades !!!

A great look coupled with an even better feel. Your knives have extraordinary balance. A very excellent piece.

Edited by tyger

I want one!!!

I want one!!!

Yes you do! In fact you have no idea how much you want one until you already own one.

I can't picture myself ever getting a different sgian than the one I have now, but if I do ever get another, it will be another Drac-Made piece.

Yes you do! In fact you have no idea how much you want one until you already own one.

I can't picture myself ever getting a different sgian than the one I have now, but if I do ever get another, it will be another Drac-Made piece.

I want one!!!

:redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1:

Thanks guys. Hopefully once I get back from some Navy duty I will get the new stencil for marking the blades and I will put this one up for sale. I will be trying to make some more but right now we are getting into the hot season here in Texas and my shop is in the garage. 100+ outside makes for a hot garage inside.

Jim

Let me know when it's ready to go I really do want it-what do you charge so I can have the money available