Drac

Looking To Make A New Maker's Mark

Good day all,

I had gotten in a stamp to replace my electro-chemical. Didn't work out all that well. The biggest problem is the design. Also doesn't work all that well on the bevel of a blade. Finally I am going to try heat treating before grinding, making it impossible to put it on the bevel. No recasso on a couple of my blade designs.

Right now I am using this design -

logo2ku.jpg

This is the electro-chemical. Why it is an issue is the amount in a small area. When stamping it is trying to move to much metal out of the way. So I am thinking of rebranding myself since I need to get some new stencils in anyway.

What do you guys think? Many of you are in marketing (either yours or marketing someone else) and have good ideas. Found one site that had some good examples -

http://www.erniesknives.com/knifemaker_logo.html

http://www.erniesknives.com/knifemaker_logo_2.html

Knid of liking -

Meyer%20Johnathon.JPG

Critical is a name. Many people use symbols and brands such as below but you can't Google a symbol. So a name that can be used to find someone.

Keith%20Bealty.jpg

Quite often people add locations as well. Luckily for me I'm the only Drouillard knife maker.

Thanks,

Jim

I would have to agree the name is the best way. Just remember less is more.

I'm with Lonnie. Your work speaks for itself. The mark is just authentication. Keep it simple.

Here is the recommondation from the stencil maker -

drouillardjim.jpg

I like the idea. I might play with the font.

Jim

I like the idea. What's the significance of the star?

Deep the heart of Texas..

I live int the DFW area.

Jim

Got it. Well then, I really like it.

I like that mark as well. Looks like it would be easy to adjust the size to what you would like without losing detail and the ability to read/recognize it.

I like it fine. Symbols are great, but having your name on it is probably best. That way a person has a shot at searching for you, and maybe finding you!

Jim, I need to get some pictures of the knife that you made for me and show them off. I have been up to my eyeballs, and hope I can do it by.....say.....August! Everybody stay tuned.

Here you go -

Jim

Here is the new maker's mark in use -

Bogoak07.jpg

Jim

Have you thought about putting your name above the stat so it kind of looks like a Ranger tab??

Here is the new maker's mark in use -

Bogoak07.jpg

That's a good looking mark- is that my knife?

Jim

Have you thought about putting your name above the stat so it kind of looks like a Ranger tab??

It would make the star the focus instead of the name. My name is fairly big and not usual away from Canada so I really want it to the easiest part to read and the clearest possible.

That's a good looking mark- is that my knife?

Yeppers.

Jim