OFCJAX

Pride Kilted Skirt

Made this one for a friend marching in a local pride parade today. Only took two days to make and played around with some new ideas.

389716_3741409506611_1199074285_n.jpg556273_3741410186628_965793774_n.jpg

Rad kilt. Hope your friend sends some pics.

probably going to ruffle some feathers here but that's life... Ya, the last thing I want to see is the garment of my heritage co-opted by clan MacPride.. to be honest, when I saw this I had the same feeling I had when I saw Obama's face plastered in the union of the stars and stripes..

thumbnailaspx.jpg

I agree greek

probably going to ruffle some feathers here but that's life... Ya, the last thing I want to see is the garment of my heritage co-opted by clan MacPride.. to be honest, when I saw this I had the same feeling I had when I saw Obama's face plastered in the union of the stars and stripes..

thumbnailaspx.jpg

DITTO

Nice tailoring, Jack.

Made this one for a friend marching in a local pride parade today. Only took two days to make and played around with some new ideas.

389716_3741409506611_1199074285_n.jpg556273_3741410186628_965793774_n.jpg

Think you might have made a kilt louder than the loud mcleod!

As for the flag, yes, NO ONE should have there face on the American flag; wether you think there are the second coming or the most dangerous mistake this country has ever made.

As for the skirt (and it IS a skirt<opens on the left hand side>) My friends name is "Rainbow," I swear to God. And yes, she is Bi and married to a woman. I will say this and leave it be.....While I don't feel that any groups rights are more important that any others, a paying customer and friend gets what she wants!

As for the flag, yes, NO ONE should have there face on the American flag; wether you think there are the second coming or the most dangerous mistake this country has ever made.

As for the skirt (and it IS a skirt<opens on the left hand side>) My friends name is "Rainbow," I swear to God. And yes, she is Bi and married to a woman. I will say this and leave it be.....While I don't feel that any groups rights are more important that any others, a paying customer and friend gets what she wants!

:Canada: Edited by afreegreek

All I have to say is that I support the rights of EVERYONE to be who they were born to be, and to be with who they want to be with. I support gay rights just as much as I support womens rights and black rights. In my eyes, my wearing a kilt is just part of the equal rights movement. It's a woman's right to wear p@nt$ if she wants, and it's my right to wear a skirt. (we had the discussioin that a kilt is just a skirt made for men right?)

:Mod Hat On: Ok folks, this is a vendor page/post to display the handiwork of one of our members and merchants. This is not the place to post your personal feelings about the nature of the garment made if it's in anyway political or religious. We have a member's area for that. If you want to comment on the craftsmanship or quality or whatever in direct relation to the kilt, fine. If you want to express your personal feelings about the subject or reason for the making of the kilt... not really ok in this thread. That said, carry on. JT- great job on Rainbow's kilt. :)

:Mod Hat On: Ok folks, this is a vendor page/post to display the handiwork of one of our members and merchants. This is not the place to post your personal feelings about the nature of the garment made if it's in anyway political or religious. We have a member's area for that. If you want to comment on the craftsmanship or quality or whatever in direct relation to the kilt, fine. If you want to express your personal feelings about the subject or reason for the making of the kilt... not really ok in this thread. That said, carry on. JT- great job on Rainbow's kilt. :)

:Canada: Edited by afreegreek

I got here I got here by the home page 'last five post' link.. didn't even notice what section this thread was in.. perhaps this isn't the section to post such a politically charged item if one's not allowed to comment on it in a political way..

Rules of the forum section should explain where those places are. JT is one of our preferred merchants. When you pay for a membership, you get discounts at preferred merchants and access to a separate member's area where political and religious discussion is allowed. Everyone is welcome here at BotK. We do not discriminate, however we do regulate the conversations to the appropriate places. This is specifically JT's (NeedlePimp's) own section of the merchant area of our Forum. Since this was a product he made for a paying customer, it is well within his right to post photos of his work in this area. If you don't like it or the rules, you're free to complain to KT or to simply not come around, but your commentary on the "meaning behind" the kilt is unecessary in this particular topic. I don't have issue with you expressing opinions here, neither do the other mods I'm sure, but there is an appropriate place and a non-appropriate place to do so. Thank you for your cooperation. If you wish to discuss this further, then may I suggest doing so with me via PM and not where it detracts from the Merchant area. Thanks, Meg

I will add my comments apply to EVERYONE here, not just the person who made the initial comment. Please, this is JT's space to show off his handiwork, let's not spoil it. :) I would really prefer not to have to mark comments as invisible, but if the political or religious discussion and anything not directly related to the handiwork of the item crafted and shown above continues, you'll force my hand. Thanks.

Nice work, one of these days I will check out your site if I can ever get it to work for me!

Nice work! One of these days I will get you to do one of your masterpieces for me!

Nice job JT! She sure looks happy with it so I'd say mission accomplished.

Fine job Jack!