Now I am a native Bostonian, and very partial to my hometown but my wife is a native Texan and a proud Longhorn. She comes from El Paso, why wouldn't you Lone Stars guys want to meet there? Have you been to Chicos Tacos or Cattleman's? I have been to El Paso several times. I love the line from Glory Road about the UTEP basketball team. Don Haskins recruits a bunch of players from the East and as the bus rolls into El Paso an assistant coach tells the players this is God's country. And one of the players seeing the arid brown landscape intones, it doesn't look like he wants any visitors.

(no offense, joking around) I remember landing in El Paso the first time on a plane after falling asleep for most of the flight and thinking this surely could not be confused with Ireland.

Now I am a native Bostonian, and very partial to my hometown but my wife is a native Texan and a proud Longhorn. She comes from El Paso, why wouldn't you Lone Stars guys want to meet there? Have you been to Chicos Tacos or Cattleman's? I have been to El Paso several times. I love the line from Glory Road about the UTEP basketball team. Don Haskins recruits a bunch of players from the East and as the bus rolls into El Paso an assistant coach tells the players this is God's country. And one of the players seeing the arid brown landscape intones, it doesn't look like he wants any visitors.

(no offense, joking around) I remember landing in El Paso the first time on a plane after falling asleep for most of the flight and thinking this surely could not be confused with Ireland.

Mainly because if you were to pick the furthest most point from convenience it would be El Paso. If you drive from San Antonio to Pheonix, El Paso is a little more than half way there! San Antonio or Austin are somewhat central and have a lot to offer.

Waco would actually be most central but then we would be wandering around looking for something to do. :wink::laughing:

Mainly because if you were to pick the furthest most point from convenience it would be El Paso. If you drive from San Antonio to Pheonix, El Paso is a little more than half way there! San Antonio or Austin are somewhat central and have a lot to offer.

Waco would actually be most central but then we would be wandering around looking for something to do. :wink::laughing:

Of course sir my comments were meant in good humor. I moved to the LA area from Georgia and remember that drive from the Louisiana border to the New Mexico border and indeed you can't get any further west than El Paso. My sister in law went to school in Waco, perhaps things have changed but I thought that was a dry city or county, no a good place for kilties.

Of course sir my comments were meant in good humor. I moved to the LA area from Georgia and remember that drive from the Louisiana border to the New Mexico border and indeed you can't get any further west than El Paso. My sister in law went to school in Waco, perhaps things have changed but I thought that was a dry city or county, no a good place for kilties.

No worries, I was just ribbing you. And I believe Waco is still dry!

Seanachie,

Did you type the words Chico's Taco's?

Do you know just *how good* those are? :dancingcow: ( native El Pasoan here ... )

Kilts + bagpipes + Chico's + marg's = helluvanight!

Edited by Irishpiper

Looking at maybe organizing a kilted float down the Guadalupe River this summer. Keep an eye out for more details

At one time somebody set up a web page that let everybody put in their location and each one then showed up as a pin on the map. I dont know what happened to that, but there are quite a few TKN members from Texas.

If you liked this information and you would certainly like to obtain more details regarding What is the latest operating system for a Mac or Can you make 2 Steam accounts with the same email kindly browse through our own webpage