Sign in to follow this  
KT

ultimate dream kilt

If money and resources were no object, what one kilt above all else would you want?

I'm leaning towards a leather UK.

I'm happy to say I've already got it. A nice 16oz. tartan kilt, knife pleat. I've started at the top thanks to some sound advice and I'm very thankful for that!

I'm happy to say I've already got it. A nice 16oz. tartan kilt, knife pleat. I've started at the top thanks to some sound advice and I'm very thankful for that!

which tartan?

California. Although, now that you've brought it up, maybe I would get a second in the ancient (original) colors to go with the Modern I have now.

California. Although, now that you've brought it up, maybe I would get a second in the ancient (original) colors to go with the Modern I have now.

I think that would look really good. Sounds like a plan to me!

dont know enough to make an educated guess. gimme time :)

That's what this board is for. To help you make an educated guess. :)

I think, for me anyway, I'd like to have a truely Scottish made kilt in my Henderson modern tartan, that was sewn by one of my great great ancestors in Glencoe and put into a grand carved oaken chest emblazoned with our clan crest. In the chest with the kilt would be the claymore and a set of pipes that were heirlooms of a long ago forgotten sect of clansmen who, according to prophesie, were securing these hierlooms just for a BotK kinsman in the far future to wear with pride and to instill a sense of honor and glory to their future generations.

TandVh

Oh- and there would also be a bottle of Scotch in the chest as well!

I think, for me anyway, I'd like to have a truely Scottish made kilt in my Henderson modern tartan, that was sewn by one of my great great ancestors in Glencoe and put into a grand carved oaken chest emblazoned with our clan crest. In the chest with the kilt would be the claymore and a set of pipes that were heirlooms of a long ago forgotten sect of clansmen who, according to prophesie, were securing these hierlooms just for a BotK kinsman in the far future to wear with pride and to instill a sense of honor and glory to their future generations.

TandVh

No wonder it took you a day and a half to respond! :)

TandVh

No wonder it took you a day and a half to respond! :D

I get carried away at times- :shock:

My ultimate would have to be a 16 oz. MacGregor Modern, made by a premiere Canadian maker and measured in person so there are no mistakes. It would also include new kit from Cavscout, to be worn only with this kilt, perhaps a new sporran also only to be worn with this kilt.

HEEEYYY!?! What do you know? The kilt will be ready in two weeks, the kit is ordered and I'm going sporran shopping tpmorrow. I guess my dream outfit will soon be reality.

Slainte!

My ultimate would have to be a 16 oz. MacGregor Modern, made by a premiere Canadian maker and measured in person so there are no mistakes. It would also include new kit from Cavscout, to be worn only with this kilt, perhaps a new sporran also only to be worn with this kilt.

HEEEYYY!?! What do you know? The kilt will be ready in two weeks, the kit is ordered and I'm going sporran shopping tpmorrow. I guess my dream outfit will soon be reality.

Slainte!

Congratulations! Something to look forward to for sure!! We all want to see pics of it!

TandVH

My ultimate is really an outfit:

Everything, made by me, to the highest of quality and fully presentable before the President, Queen, and all. As well, I want an outfit, also made fully by me, that is presentable at "local" highland games and events that screams neither "home-made" nor "show-off."

As for the kilts, I am working my way there now, to make myself a kilt in 16 oz worsted tartan that looks (and feels) as good as ANYONE else can make it.

How is that for an ultimate?

money no object:

1st: i want a leather kilt from RKilts in Canada. the cost would be approximately $700 USD.

2nd: i want a 16oz worsted wool 8 yard kilt made from one of the Boyd tartans (not sure yet which Boyd to go with). my mom's mom was a Boyd and she was very dear to me.

3rd: ...and same thing from the Wilson tartan. i am a Wilson so i figured i should own a Wilson kilt (despite the fact that the Wilson tartan is rather ugly looking).

4th: ... and the same thing again in a Gunn Ancient tartan. (i own a Gunn Modern worsted wool tartan kilt now.)

and if money were really no object the perfect kilt accessory for the above kilts would be a Koenigsegg

and if money were really no object the perfect kilt accessory for the above kilts would be a Koenigsegg

ahh..well, if we are going that far, here is my final kilt accessory...(aside from an authentic 12th century scottish castle)

http://www.bugatti.com/bugatti/index.html

I'd settle for a great kilt in a nice wool.

Probably in some MacLennan variant or Douglas ancient. Seems more fitting to do a great kilt with an actual highland clan tartan though.

I would have to say that right now I think my dream kilt meaning a kilt I do not own yet would be a 16oz knife pleated Ancient Gunn, I have a 16oz Gunn Modern that I just love, I also really love my Isle of Skye 16ozer, and my Graham of Mantieth 16ozer, but as far as a dream goes the Ancient Gunn is the to of my list right now, but who knows that might change. Oh and I agree the Bugatti Veyron is the ultimate accessory,

but I would also like this:

30_Indian_Larry_Bike.jpg

Two kilts come to mind.

#1 8 or 9 yrd. great kilt in MacKenzie

#2 Matt Newsome MacKenzie Box Pleated kilt.

I'm simple. :wink:

I would have to say that right now I think my dream kilt meaning a kilt I do not own yet would be a 16oz knife pleated Ancient Gunn, I have a 16oz Gunn Modern that I just love, I also really love my Isle of Skye 16ozer, and my Graham of Mantieth 16ozer, but as far as a dream goes the Ancient Gunn is the to of my list right now, but who knows that might change. Oh and I agree the Bugatti Veyron is the ultimate accessory,

but I would also like this:

30_Indian_Larry_Bike.jpg

A classic Indian Larry 8) What a bike builder :wink:

My ideal was also my first. A 16 oz. worsted, measured in person, made in Scotland by Geoffry Taylor in the MacKenzie Modern, knife pleats. My second is a Mackenzie Ancient Great Kilt. Haven't decided on what I want for my next one......

My ideal was also my first. A 16 oz. worsted, measured in person, made in Scotland by Geoffry Taylor in the MacKenzie Modern, knife pleats. My second is a Mackenzie Ancient Great Kilt. Haven't decided on what I want for my next one......

Sounds like your collection already has a great start.

My ideal kilt is already on order. :D

16oz Irish National, hand-sewn in Scotland.

My next two ideal kilts would both be 16oz, hand-sewn in Scotland, but in the Wilson Tartan and the Tyrone (as in County Tyrone, Ireland) tartan.

Lastly, I want a kilted suit from 21st Century Kilts:

http://www.21stcenturykilts.com/discountedpackage.htm

I do want a few casual kilts for kicking around in, too.

Slainte!

Well, your MacGregor Sporran going in the mail today, Mike. here's a pic or two. Mike wanted this one supersized, as befits his username. check out this comparison to a standard Thorfinn Snap-Flap.

000_0054.jpg

000_0056.jpg

000_0058.jpg

I'me sending back the tartan as well, minus what got used up in the flap-making.

:? Nice Sporran's ! My dream would to just have a kilt right now... :D

Budog. 8)

EBAY is your friend. I got a 16 oz Lochcarron in Davidson for $107.

Bought my son an 18 oz MOD Gordon Highlanders for $54.

course, I don't know your financials, so perhaps I presume too much. If so, my apologies