Drac

Latest One

Hello all,

Now that the weather is cooled off the shop is back up. The first of the season is heading out once the sheath is done. This one is a bit thicker in the handle as I had gotten feedback on some of my other knives that I need to take into account that not every man's fingers are slender and delicate. So this one has a thicker cross section. A bit more substantial piece.

The future owner seems happy with the picks of the blade and I hope he will be as happy once he receives it -

Misfitsqain_zps9afe5f0e.jpg

It is ironwood burl with just a touch of filework on the blade.

Jim

Beautiful as always.

beautiful work, looking forward to meeting you this weekend.

That timber is stunning

Thanks all.

Sheath went better than expected though I still need to remember to go a little deeper so I can clean up the top without leaving a gap -

Misfitsqain03-post_zps44e37bd5.jpg

You may have noticed that I have a new graphics program :D

Jim

Looks fantastic!

Can not wait to get this! A beautiful piece of art and craftsmanship!

Very nice!

Beautiful work, a real piece of art!

Thanks all.

Blade is at it's new home and owner is happy.

Jim

If any of you are thinking of getting a Sgian dubh please contact Jim at Drouillard Knives! I absolutely LOVE mine! The craftsmanship is extraordinary! I will be ordering another one when the time comes!

:redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1: :redface1:

We may soon have to talk again about a mutually beneficial arrangement, Drac.

I'm thinking something a touch more formal this time. Ebony, or black horn perhaps.

Once you own a Drac-made Sgian, there is little else that will suffice.

Mine continually draws compliments, which is amazing, as it's always stuffed in my sock! :laughing:

Edited by artificer

ooo ooo ooo me next! me next!

I have a few that are on the board right now and than I will be on to KiltedTexan's piece. I need to focus all my attention on it when in the shop.

I want to try and get it finished before candy season gets here but it is a very involved piece and will be stretching my skills.

Jim

I have a few that are on the board right now and than I will be on to KiltedTexan's piece. I need to focus all my attention on it when in the shop.

I want to try and get it finished before candy season gets here but it is a very involved piece and will be stretching my skills.

Jim

you have my full faith and confidence.

Superb. I can't wait until I get the go ahead to order one.

I sent you a email today Jim, go ahead. All I need is to send you the funds which we have ready to go and a way to make sure it gets there. I suppose you want to use PayPal as Donnie does.

There is one thing I need though, so send a email (don't worry it's just to put a mark on the blade somwhere to make sure that I can ID it if someone makes a mistake and steals it)

Let me know.

Larry

Dropped you an email.

Got your steel in and have cut it out in between commissions. It will take a bit as I don't want to slow down the other gentleman. As for money it's once you have approved the knife in your hands than we settle up unless it involves exotic materials.

Jim