Sathor

New Kilt... And Its Already Different...

I managed to get a rush order in last week for a white kilt to use during the Color run, which was this morning in Cincinnati. (I am still waiting on a few of the after pics)

I got a few compliments on it today, before, and after, the run.

As to the kilt itself, it felt really light weight, and weighed in at about 1#. I prefer heavier, but it didn't fly up or anything today, and it was a bit windy, so I am happy with that. Still prefer heavier weight fabric, and that is an option for next time.

Fit was precisely what was ordered, and is secured by velcro. Not a big velcro fan myself, but I had a belt on just in case. Still, it was quite comfy for doing the run, aside from things in the included sporran.

As to the sporran, looking at the CW page, I was suprised the attached sporran hanger was plastic, but it matches the kilt so well that I think it was better as plastic than as metal. The sporran snap is a bit tight and hard at times to open. But it does stay in place well enough.

Running in a kilt this time was much much better than the tap in run, though I did remember the anti chafe gel this time.

Overall, I would probably order from CWK again, though I am rather impatient on waiting to things to be made.

More pics when I get them.

IMAG0120sm

155215 3817651281919 641636885 N

IMAG0123

IMAG0117sm

527279 3817650241893 1935504354 N

I wouldn't want a white one for day to day, keeping it clean would be a real hassle. After we get the colors set in, I'll get some more of the kilt itself. I think she said she has a 2-4 week backlog, but for an extra $30 or so, it can be in hand in under a week.

wife and i

shoulders

Two more pics, still more to come...
Most of the color came out of the shirt, the kilt kept a fair bit of color, not as much as I would have liked, but maybe I'll force it to do another color run in the future.

I really like that kilt. Great pictures!

photo 1small

Sadly, a lot of the color washed out.

its a poly cotton mix. so the poly tends not to hold the dyes as well as a pure cotton. If you want one to hold the color and heavier I can use a cotton duck which is cotton will hold color but is not as wash and wear. in other words you WILL have to iron or steam it every time. I can use metal hardware but for the rush job I had the plastic on hand and for a run it seemed more appropriate than the metal.

it held the dye better than the tshirts did.

I have lots of material, if you need a new one let me know.