misfit762

Submitted My Tartan!

What a great tartan! It really honors all those that have served so well. Like that shot of you parachuting, too!

• Like 1

Here's to wishing you luck.

• Like 1

Thank you both so much!

Wish there was some kind of way of voting or promoting it. It's very noble of you, and it looks really good too!

Honors to you, sir, aswell as all the soldiers who serve overseas, wherever they are.

• Like 1

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Thank you! I'm a bit nervous. I really hope it gets accepted. I just want to pay a small tribute to the men and women of the Airborne forces that have supported Operation Enduring Freedom.

I appreciate all the wishes, thank you all so much!

• Like 1

Looks great my Airborne brother!

• Like 1

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Update:

Got an email from the Scottish Register of Tartans. The needed some more paperwork to prove I am an Operation Enduring Freedom Vet. Sent that off last night. Had to change the name because OEF is an official Military name. So we changed the name to Veterans of the Afghan War.

So far so good. I'll update again once I get more info! Thanks for the kind words, thoughts and prayers! I really do appreciate it!

• Like 2

Wow that's a really cool tartan!! I really enjoy both its meaning, as well as the overall aesthetics. I really do hope you get approval for this, its really a great project!!

Update:

Got an email from the Scottish Register of Tartans. The needed some more paperwork to prove I am an Operation Enduring Freedom Vet. Sent that off last night.

Interesting. I have never heard of the Register requiring any qualifying credentials of a submitter, nor of a submitted design being rejected for any reason other than being too similar to a previously registered design.

After having to make several changes to the name, I am please to report that the tartan has been REGISTERED!

We had to change the name to the Shawn Jones Afghan Memorial Tartan due to the previous name being too close to the Official military name for the war in Afghanistan.

I would like to thank all of you for your support! It means so much!

The next step is to get a kilt made!

photo_zps39eb14f6.png

Rock on!

Jim

the more you have woven the better the cost..Would you be open to others wearing it in honor of those who have served??

I'm open to anyone who would wear this honorably!

d@mn. It's truly an awesome tartan but while I have served I didn't serve there.

Jim

You might consider trying to crowdsource for the weaving. I think a lot of folks would like to contribute toward something like that. I for one have not served overseas (kinda hard to take an ICBM into theater), but my son spent a year there with his Army Guard unit. I don't know that I'd ever get him in a kilt, but I would love to honor his service in this way.

I'm open to anyone who wants to wear it in honor of those that served. I left it unrestricted so that anyone can wear it.

Excellent Brother! All the hard work paid off.