Seanachie

Boston Response To Terrorism

Though I now live in LA, I remain in heart and soul a Bostonian and I love my hometown.

The bombing this week was very personal to me as my sister was walking back from the traditional 11 am Red Sox game on Monday and was walking from Fenway towards the Marathon finish line and came extremely close to the location of the second bomb when it exploded. It has very much shaken her.

I knew people would not cower and we saw it during the National Anthem during the Bruins game the other night. Now here is a little sign of the spirit I love:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-is-the-most-boston-response-to-terrorism-youll-ever-see

BostonStrong-Wordmark_black_zps1f8e67d2.

• Like 1

Texan here, locked arm in arm with our Yankee brothers.

Boston Strong.

Texan here, locked arm in arm with our Yankee brothers.

Boston Strong.

Please never use Yankee in any sentence related to Boston :laughbounce: The Yankees are the dreaded nemesis.

• Like 1

Please never use Yankee in any sentence related to Boston :laughbounce: The Yankees are the dreaded nemesis.

"My Boston bretheren!" Yankee is a filial term used with dispersion (s/p) (!) against our Northern cousins!

BTW, superb, on-the-ground work by BPD, Massachusetts State Police (who know how to wear their smokey's), FBI and various police agencies. When terrorists go to ground, nothing but solid, slow, plodding police work uncovers evidence to make arrests. Well done Boston. Not only that, the people stayed indoors, allowing the Police to sweep the neighborhoods properly and, in time, find the Islamofascist terrorist hiding in the boat. Well done Bostonians!

Ah, yes, Boston. A city filled with Irish brethren... We should expect no less from the children of Hibernia. My brothers to the north, I salute you.

I worked a few feet from the finish line for about a year then moved up the street a block. After getting promoted out, I began taking the commuter rail and arrived an hour+ early in Back Bay so the library and Copley Square in general were my refuge. Then they shut down my brother's alma marter where I used to play peewee football. That week was a real kick up the arse. Luckily, some mates got together with fellow brewers and threw together a fundraiser at a local bar. Needed that sense of community and decency.