KiltedTexan

Waterproof Sporran?

So, I am driving around at work, and thinking about the kilted float this coming weekend, and i am going to be in a kilt with pockets, but how would one go about constructing a waterproof sporran, if one was so inclined to do so? Just looking for ideas.

goal would be to keep inside dry, so would need to put a good seal on it.

if I were you I'd get a couple wal-mart dry bags for your pockets. they are cheap and easy to find. look in the camping area, they come in three-packs.

as for a legitimate waterproof sporran? you can use a leather sealer on your current sporrans, but they will most likely change in color.

I'll start looking into waterproof sporran options ;)

I use Bic 4 from a tac store. It doesnt change the color of the leather. Its my understanding that as long as the leather is well treated water shouldnt be a problem.

Without a water-tight closure (double ziploc or similar) you will never be truly waterproof. KT is right, a waterproof bag is going to be a better bet for anything that cannot handle ANY moisture, or an otterbox type thing for electronics or other 'crush-able' items.

Just remember, with ANY sensitive item you're carrying into the water (this was originally said of cameras) it's not IF it will experience a leak, but WHEN.

It is true: the only thing waterproof is a frog's ear.

goretex lining with it's own overflap, maybe? It's always going to eventually leak through whatever type of opening you use though

Could always use a waterproof dry box and attach that to a sporran strap ;)

Not very traditional, but defnitely waterproof!

I think a dry box with artificial leather covering it would be best.