Drac

Was Given A Great Honor

Hello all,

One of my Lamont brothers requested aid in restoring a knife that he had made in Vietnam. He wished the tempering being redone, the handle being tightened and a new edge put on the blade. It took a while between travel, weather and projects but was finally able to finish it -

Mailing1_zps67b096e6.jpg

I cleaned up the blade somewhat since the tempering process can discolor the blade but at his request I didn't remove anymore scratches than necessary as each one was earned and treasured over the years. I was able to restore the patina with acid to protect the blade and restore some of the natural patina it gained over the years of use.

It was an honor to work on such a piece of history and hope he is pleased with the results.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim I just can't believe the work that you do from the knife that I won to every thing I see that you make It is all Beautiful and functional were do you find the time.

Nice work as usual Jim!

Thanks all.

Just to make sure everyone knows this was repair work not my crafting. The blade and handle were made long before I was born.

Jim

Gave me goosebumps . . . . or a flashback . . . what a beautiful piece of history! Drac, for a squid your work is awesome!!

Semper Fi,

:KILT:

thats awesome and the fact thats you see the honor in doing it for him is what makes your work so great. nice job!