kiltedmoon

Loud Mcleod

My wife couldn't believe I came home from ScotFest with this one. I said... Haaaave you met me?

20131016_152915.jpg

• Like 1

I have no idea..the screen was scorching my eyes out! :)

• Like 2

Nice!
I'm usually one for the more muted tartans, but that has a decent look to it.

Love the Loud Mcleod -if you're gonna wear a kilt do you really want the most sedate tartan out there? A man in Mcleod is 1 of 2 things: A Mcleod, or the life of the party...

• Like 1

The MacLeod of Lewis tartan is bright, no doubt on that one, but it also looks great with a Prince Charlie. Very snappy and eye catching.

Looks great! I almost bought that tartan myself a few weeks ago at the Irish Festival. Of course, it's perfect for Pgh Steeler fans (even if they aren't playing as well this season.....)

• Like 1

I will be rocking my LOUD MacLeod at TRF this year. Pictures will be posted.

• Like 1

I resisted getting a Lewis for a long time, but I have to say it looks striking with a Prince Charlie and a fly plaid. I still prefer the Harris otherwise. Hold Fast

Thanks guys. This has become one of my favorite kilts to wear. I did give up the fight on the Bucannan modern though. It would be tough to find a shirt that really goes with it anyway.

I think the Buchanan moder will be mx next kilt, or the one after that, i really like the german heritage at usa kilts, but the buchanan is my wifes tartan

Hey it's not quite as bad as the rainbow pattern called 'Buchanan' I mean that one will go with anything!

Hey it's not quite as bad as the rainbow pattern called 'Buchanan' I mean that one will go with anything!

You say that, but I had a harder time convincing my wife to let me get a Loud MacLeod than I did the Buchanan, and her reasoning was the MacLeod is to bright.

True, as I have said each to his own. Mine are tad less eye catching. And I never wore tactical boots with one until this year.

One year....we were on a mission at a Games down in Kentucky so that we could bring back information for the St. Louis Games which were under serious consideration at the time. We were just getting ready to leave on the Sunday after spending the whole weekend there.....I spotted this one fellow who was wearing something that could have been used as a table cloth it was so light (and let the light right on through). At the time (and still do) I thought that was a little over the top......I mean it was pink and green plaid.....

That's a very wide belt you have on. Does the kilt have belt loops? I like the kilt a lot

Willem.

That's a very wide belt you have on. Does the kilt have belt loops? I like the kilt a lot

Willem.

If it does, it is only for the sporran strap. You are never supposed to use the belt loops on a traditional kilt for a belt. (Seriously.) Now, I am unsure about modern kilts, but on traditional ones...

Yes, it has two belt loops in the back. As Sathor says, they are for the sporran... but I do put the wide belt through them, just so they are not covered for the sporran strap. It's a 2" belt that I also got from Got Kilt. Pretty much the standard kitl belt as far as I've seen.

Just for the record, standard civilian kilt belts that are desisiged to be worn with a plate syle buckle are usually 2 1/4". Military ones are 2 1/2". Day belts with pronged buckles range from 2" - 3"

• Like 1