branmakmorn

Scabbard For Again Dubh

Several years ago my lovely bride got me a lovely hand made knife. This BK, before kilts, I think it would make a greats sgian, it's just a little top heavy but other than that I think it would look great sticking out of a stocking top. Problem is I need a scabbard for it. Any ideas?

Thanks,I'm thinking a saddle maker, since the leather will need to pretty thick to hold the blade properly. Luckily there happens to be one in a near by town. I'll let you know how it turns out.

How much you willing to invest? I know three sheath makers who are sheath makers first and leather workers second. Each has more time in their craft than most of us have been alive but...

That comes at a cost. Any where from $50 to $150+ (assuming close to a 4" blade")

Jim

How much you willing to invest? I know three sheath makers who are sheath makers first and leather workers second. Each has more time in their craft than most of us have been alive but...

That comes at a cost. Any where from $50 to $150+ (assuming close to a 4" blade")

Jim

OHH that is interesting, I will measure the blade and over all length and get back to you. I'm thinking the biggest problem is the weight of the handle, it's as long as the blade and made of polished maple so it's kind of top heavy.