kiltedmoon

I Wrote A Book

I put a children's book up on kindle last night. This is based on an actual event, and is also totally fictional. While we were in Colorado a few years ago, my dog escaped from the people that were keeping him for us, and this is his story for those few days. I hope you and your kids enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Rovers-Day-Out-Adventures-curious-ebook/dp/B00IHSX5K4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_awd_HzLatb1SNFP0G_tt

KT: If this is in the wrong place, or is not allowed please feel free to move or delete the post.

Edited by kiltedmoon
  • Like 1

Tried to find it on my Kindle but couldn't find it, I'll keep looking, but is the book Kindle version specific?

Whitesmoke

it's only available in eformat on kindle right now, but I don't think it's tied to any specific version of kindle. I couldn't find it just searching from kindle, but when I went to the kindle store and searched for Rover it came up on the second page. Thanks for looking.

Still can't pull it up on my Kindle, but I'll keep looking.

First that me start with awesome job, and congrats!

Second....

Saw one wrong word typo in the preview of the story...

'First Rover chased Sammie, they Sammie chased Rover.'

Since the word isn't spelled wrong it wouldn't be picked up by software for being wrong, but I assume you had meant 'then Sammie chased Rover'

• Like 1

lol, thanks Pain. My proofreader failed me... that's me. lol

No system is perfect. Amy tells of a time on a term paper that she missed spell public. Since both words were spelled correctly and used correctly the spell and grammar checker missed them.

Kind of gave a whole new meaning to the sentence though :laughing:

Jim

Those are usually the most common mistakes that are made these days, if you want to have someone proof a book/story for you just let me know. I tend to be the guy who finds all the issues with fully published books.

Congratulations on being a published author; an author, a dog owner and a kiltie - you must be good people :D