Ok, so I just recently started wearing the kilt as my primary form of dress an started wondering what the best way to conceal carry would be. Most, if not all of the typical day wear sporrans are too small to carry anything much larger than a derringer and still have room for my wallet, phone and keys. On my last trip to my local range I asked at that shop if they knew anyone who did good work on holster and could modify one for me to fit a kilt belt and maybe handle some customer work as well. They told me to speak to Marshall Hall (HallHolster@gmail.com). I met with him and he was able to quickly modify a holster for my H&K to fit a kilt belt without any issue so I spoke to him about making a sporran specifically to hold my EDC but still give me the ability to move the holster that came with to a normal 1" belt and he came through with no issues at all. My favorite part of this whole thing is that while I can still cc there is room for my wallet, phone, keys a spare mag and room to get things in and out without making a big deal of what going on in there.

You can see a comparison of the CC Sporran -v- a Day Sporran I have on my Facebook page or at:
http://www.pinterest.com/nachtzehrer/cc-sporran-by-marshall-hall/

If you're interested in talking to Marshall about holsters and cc options he can be reached at:
HallHolster@gmail.com

• Like 1

I have been looking for, and thinking of how to make a conceal carry sporran. How do you like yours so far?

I have a Stillwater Kilts Nylon Cargo Sporran, and I carry a 4" Springfield XD, plus a spare mag, as well as my 4Sevens flashlight, cards, change, pocketknife, and keys.

It has a large main compartment, plus a slot-style compartment under the flap, and the flag itself.

Edited by tp_magill

I would contact Donnie at Wyevrn Leatherworks (he is a merchant with the BotK) and see what he can come up with. The man does tremendous work, I highly doubt if you can find something better since all of his sporrans are hand crafted.

welcome aboard, Sean! thanks for sharing the pics and the resource for your custom work.

I've worn it several times now including a trip to the range with it today for some CC practice (draw & shoot) from close and medium range (2' - 15') and had no issues with other stuff (wallet, phone, keys, ipod, &c) coming out when I drew. I also had three spare mags for my P938 in the sporran as well and could have put a couple more things in. I love it and the turnaround time was about a week from discussing/conceptualizing to finished product. Marshall does great work.

Edited by Sean.Hazard

It's a fine piece of leather work! But, I too, must sing the praises of Donnie at Wyvern. He does incredible things, AND he's a member of the Brotherhood!

Proud owner of "Gaelic Storm 1" sporran, from Wyvern

:KILT:

May I ask what type of kilt you are wearing? I CC with an IWB holster got my full size Glock in my Utilikilt all the time. Now my Got-kilt is not as supportive, so I either CC my wife's P22 IWB and I am looking to get a thigh holster for the P22 and the G17.

When I've carried while attired in my traditional kilts, I've just used an in-the-pant holster, under a kilt jacket or sweater etc. I carry a full sized .45, so the weight would really tax a sporran set up mind you.

I carry a Sig P238. In my Utilikilts, it's small enough to drop in the pocket and barely even notice.

Once I (finally) get done with the kilt I'm putting together I plan on making a sporran specifically to carry the gun. It does appear that there are commercial options available though, so I'll definitely look into those as well.

Shoulder holsters for both my 1911 and S&W 629 in the same type of nylon that my Stillwater Cargo Sporran is made from... why make your sporran so heavy?

I need a good jacket or vest so I can carry my normal piece while Kilted.

in my state there are something like 750,000 people with concealed Carry permits.

Open carry, without any permit at all, has been legal for 200 years.

I have never seen anybody open carrying except while out hunting.