branmakmorn

Tacti Kilt Concealed Carry

Wore my Tacti kilt out last night and figured out the side pocket is Perfect size for carrying my 1911 . I just need to pad or stiffen the pocket just a little to hide the outline, but in general it's almost perfect the way it is and I can carry an extra mag on the other side. Leaves the sporran free for wallet,keys etc. w/o worrying about showing.

Speaking of Tactikilt, has anybody heard from Don lately?

CCW a full sized 1911 in a pocket!! 😳 curious about draw times with that. This also begs the question, for most CCW carrying IWB, it is recommended to go up 2 p@nt$ sizes for comfort. Would the same be said with kilt sizes?

I buy my kilts to fit me on the tightest setting so I have room to "expand my horizons" if you will, should I decide to go IWB I could loosen it up a few buckle holes.

In Phoenix I open carried a Taurus judge or my 1911 double stack, when CC I strapped on my colt pocket light .38

My current location I cannot open carry so I plunk the .38 into my sporran

If IWB is an issue, there is always the option of one of the thigh holsters for concealed carry. Several of the dealers tout their use for kilted men. Can't say I've personally tried them, sporrans are too handy, but it apparently works for some.

Experimented with this a few years ago after seeing land office business at a gun training booth at the Prescott Highland Games...apparently we're a good prospect for things related to firearms. Worked with a lady at Chick Holsters and some other kilties, but her company sadly went out of business, to develop underkilt thigh holsters for men, along the same lines as the holsters for women to wear under a skirt. Got to the point where we had a double deal going - a holster on each leg. Since her doors closed ordered up one underskirt holster that they assured me would fit - and it didn't - I'm too fat. Forget the maker.

Its not for fast draw, but you can also take an old pair of jeans, cut away all but the waistband and front pockets, put it on like a garter thing and pocket carry in the jean pockets under the kilt. I made one for a vacation to conceal my real wallet and passport while carrying a give away wallet in my sporran. Worked great. Why not for a little .380?

RiverKilt it is Good to hear from you.

John

Been arguing with Photobucket....here's a pic of the Chick Holster thigh rig

Or not...weird...can't get the image thing to paste....go figure...

Try this

Okay, there's a puzzler...the Photobucket link copies to regular stuff but not to this forum....don't make sense...musta missed something while I was gone.

Wow, even copied the link to something else then recopied it, still won't paste here...puzzler....whatever, suppose there's a reason foreverything.

Edited by Riverkilt

http://www.gungoddess.com/kilt-holster/

I joined kilt forums over the weekend because I was encountering this very situation. I've decided to go full kilt (as it were) and I refuse to be without my weapon. I normally carry a PPQ or an XDM 3.8.

I'm still looking for a good solution that doesn't require me to buy a custom made kilt.

Edited by RCoastie

I've been using an IWB (simialr to crossbreed or Aliengear) in my 5.11 kilt and my Utilikilt. They work great. Only issue I have, is I like to do more "appendix" carry (not pure appendix, mine sit at about the 2:30 position) and the belt clips have to go over the belt and 2 layers of material.

By the by, my carry pistol is a Glock 17 (full size). No issues carrying at all.

Side note, the 5.11 kilt, one of the pockets is perfectly made to hold (3) spare mags with no issues.

Edited by Vader

Hey guys, I open carry with a Serpa paddle with no issues in my kilt. I'm planning on CCW more often now, and I'm having an issue finding IWB rigs with large enough belt clips. My belts for my kilts are 2.5 inches wide, and I haven't been able to find a company belt clips to fit. I was wondering if anyone has found a place that caters to the wider belts.

Thanks,

Gun Goddess now carries kilt holsters. Shown under a tartan skirt but you get to measure your thigh. www.gungoddess.com

Not a good pic, seems to be basic but functional.

I'm going to have to go check that out. My 1911 is too big for my sporran. I usually carry my Keltec PF9 in it and it is small enough to leave room for my wallet, keys and phone. I've been thinking about making a new sporran with a holster made in to it.

I am currently working with 2 leather guys to make me a conceal carry sporran as well. I have a Glock 17 I normally carry, but gonna have to go and get me something like an M&P Shield to carry in it.

On 6/2/2015 at 5:29 AM, Vader said:

I am currently working with 2 leather guys to make me a conceal carry sporran as well. I have a Glock 17 I normally carry, but gonna have to go and get me something like an M&P Shield to carry in it.

http://theholstersite.com/sporran/