Drac

Sambar Stag Sgain

Hello all,

With the "Polar Vortex" I've had a bit more timein the shop. Finishing up a couple extras. First one is a sambar stag X-man model. This one has a leather sheath that I did.

The sheath is a bit lower cost than the wood (and way lower then a stag sheath) but the handle material if fairly expensive so it balances out to be about the normal price of $150 for non-members and $135 for members. If you are over seas please check the laws of inport as sambar stag is an embargo product.

StagX-man_zps591f8e31.jpg

Jim

• Like 2

That is nice. I have never heard of sambar being used on knives.

Sambar stag handle material is a fairly classic material but for the last decade or so due to the restrictions by the Indian goverment. People got tired of waiting for sheds and the chance of them being poor quality or gnawed on by various creatures. Almost decimated the breed. These pieces are fairly old. I found out there is a ranch somewhere in Florida but has a fairly small population.

Jim

Looking sharp! (Ahem)

Too bad the flow is low... Else I'd have that sweet pickle in my hose!

Thanks.

Jim

Ok guys. The need for a trip has hit, a it happens to coincide with me having enough miles for round trip for Amy and me.

So to help the fund gathering this is price dropped to $100.

Jim

Man . . . another beautiful piece, Drac. The only thing stopping me from jumping on this beauty is 100 bones . . . the wife would kill me! And, we talked about a project that I'd like maybe, soon. . . .

Peace,

:KILT:

Should be in the hands of a hopefully happy owner tomorrow.

Jim