cb750kman

Free Scotland

Results.....Modern day repeat of 1707..

England said "we'll give you more power"

Sad day

• Like 1

Salmond is strong though and he will ENSURE that westminster doesn't renege on their promises...

Now I will be stuck with cameron when we immigrate... I really do support UKIP and the tories but they are just hardheaded on some issues and don't want to take circumstances into account when it comes to immigration. For instance, a russian banker or football (soccer) player who may not really be a good addition to british society (nothing against russians or russia, i am just using russia as a example because of the high volume of russian upper class immigrants) and get in because he meets the income requirements while a pure (or nearly pure) british blood person who can easily pass the UK life test and is wishing to be a contribution to society cannot because he does not meet the income requirements. Just because you bring ££££ to the economy does not mean you are neccessarily contributing to society. IMHO a contribution to society is for instance helping your fellow man that's in a bind, volunteering at a food pantry, and doing random acts of kindness. While these things may not be easily measurable, thourough reference checks would probably suffice. My whole point is that government is far too heartless and doesn't allow for circumstances. Sorry if I got way off topic but I think I kept it in context, but feel free to tell me if its not.

• Like 1

Hopefully something will come of the police investigations & we'll get a recount. Wont happen though, American pressure & English refusal to let go of their conquests will ensure Scotland doesn't get it's freedom in the foreseeable future. Why US pressure? If Scotland had won it's freedom, England's entire nuke arsenal would have to be moved, with guaranteed protests. Between that & the sudden removal of Scottish troops, Britain's position in NATO would be questionable, & the security ramifications for Europe would be enormous. MI5/CIA were never going to let independence happen.

• Like 1

I'm kinda shocked at myself for being so disappointed at the outcome. I'm an American, my parents were Irish, and I have no links to Scotland of which I'm aware (other than loving the country the times I've visited and traveled about).

There was something so refreshing and hope-inducing in the thought of such a great nation peacefully voting in it's own independence and perhaps being an example to the rest of the world. It wasn't just Brigadoonery or fetishizing Braveheart, I was really hoping to see Scotland taking the lead in self-governance and sovereignty.

I fully realize my opinion means squat in the whole matter, but still, thinking of what might have been makes me a bit sad. Silly, I know.