KT

Kiltology #507 - Bravado

Since my return to the snowy white north, I have been asked repeatedly why I am not kilted all the time.

As most of the connected world knows, there has been record snowfall in New England totalling over 9 feet this winter.

For those who don't wear the kilt, dragging one's bits and pieces around in really deep snow is not something I suggest.

Can you imagine this senario playing out at the local emergency room?

you: "Ma'am, I think I have frostbite. Can you take a look at this?"

bonnie nurse: "Your fingers, toes and nose all look fine. Those are the places you normally get frostbite first. Why do you think you have frostbite?"

you: ( lifting your sporran and kilt) "You didn't check everything"

The smart kilt wearer knows that bravado must give way to common sense in the blustery winter months to prevent the above senario.

• Like 2

haha XD

Exellent scenario.

I know that wearing underwear under yer kilt is rarely talked about. It's more fun to tease the curiosity of wheather you do or don't. But just between us ;) I do. I normally wear Under Armour 9" boxer jocks. They are form fitting, breathable heat gear in something like a 3.4 oz material. I recently also bought another layer to go over. Its an Under Armour 9" compression short in about a 7 oz material. I am hoping for colder days, the 2 layers will be warm enough but still more comfortable than p@nt$.

rebook makes a good substitute to under armor, at a better price :)

I've been known to wear fleece long johns under my kilt. With knee-high kilt hose, no one could even tell.

You cheated? Sometimes (especially if dancing) black speedos.

I have my wife shovel a path in front of me as I walk so my kilted bits stay out of all the snow

• Like 1

We brothers here in the Republic of Texas know not of these things. And for this we are very grateful.