Mishawakakilt

Canvas Alternative To Leather Sporran Sugestion

I have looked at a fair amount of sporrans and have not cared for the look, design or price of them. Then I got to thinking about my paint ball playing days and the many trips to the army surplus store. Then it hit me, canvas two pocket ammo pouch. The one I have is od green. I'd post a picture but I don't. Know how yet. Googling two pocket ammo pouch, yields a lot of ways and places to purchase, they also come in black and camo etc.

I just wear it on my belt, but one might be able to attach it more like a traditional sporran if they wish. a nice alternative , maby not so traditional as a sporran. Let me know your comments on this, if you try it, and like it or not.

Best wishes, MishawakaKilt

Welcome,

Sport Kilts, UTkilts, 511 Tactical and maybe a few others make some "tactical" sporrans you may be interested in. Also there is at least one thread here called "Tactical Sporrans and Wicked Velcro Stuff" you may want to look at. That discusion was started by Kilted Carver and is in the Accessories area. All terms are searchable on google.

Links here are doable but not so friendly as some other places. Pics too.

Also if you can find it in stock, stillwater kilts has the nightstalker sporran, a conceal carry sporran that is nice.

the stillwater one was pretty nice last I checked. I still haven't pulled the trigger to get one yet :(

the stillwater one was pretty nice last I checked. I still haven't pulled the trigger to get one yet :(

I've got one...it's pretty great. Very useful and functional, while still looking great.

I too have one, and enjoy its usefulness.

Kurakyn deflectors are made of very unbreakable plastic that look like chrome. They do deflect some heat but removing the CAT is the thing to do.